PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a thermometer and a baby monitor please

lisbet
28-01-2013, 04:49 PM
As title :)

It's been a while since I bought these for my own children, so I would welcome any recommendations (and tips on any to avoid!)

(I'm thinking of getting an in-ear thermometer because I was rubbish at getting a good reading with the underarm ones when mine were babies :blush:)

Tazmin68
28-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Hi

I have the Vicks Behring ear thermometer. I did have a nurufen ear thermometer but they no longer make the ear probe covers which is an added cost and because they no longer make them really you should not use it without them. I did contact them and they have said that you can use wipes to clean the probe but I would not like to take the risk for mindees so I now only use it within the family.

Maza
28-01-2013, 06:17 PM
I have the Mothercare digital ear thermometer and I love it. Never had a monitor. x

Samcat
28-01-2013, 10:13 PM
I bought my digital ear thermometer direct from the manufacturer's - Electronic Temperature Instruments. Thermometer plus a box of probe covers £19.68 (inc p&p). Very quick delivery and it reads the temperature in a second. Maybe not the cheapest, but good quality.