PDA

View Full Version : Inspections

nipper
28-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Can anyone tell me if the cycle of inspections starts all over again with the new EYFS. I had mine in February last year and was hoping it would be another three years from then? Can anyone shed some light?

FussyElmo
28-01-2013, 11:52 AM
My do seem to think they were doing all the overdue satistfactories first and the satistifactoy, then overdue good then goods then on the oustandings. But who knows.

I know I was 14 month overdue on a satistifactory but someone done the same time was satistifactory 2 years before

Tazmin68
28-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Hi

I got good in November 2011. I was not really planning on another inspection until at least 2 half years ie may 2014. We have not been advised of any early inspections due to changes otherwise they would be doing this all of the time as things always seem to be changing every 2/3 years anyway.

tori4
28-01-2013, 01:14 PM
My do seem to think they were doing all the overdue satistfactories first and the satistifactoy, then overdue good then goods then on the oustandings. But who knows.

I know I was 14 month overdue on a satistifactory but someone done the same time was satistifactory 2 years before

Hi Elmo I'm also overdue on satisfactory - have you now had yours? How overdue were u b4 they called . I'm abt 5 mnths and getting inpatient.

FussyElmo
28-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi Elmo I'm also overdue on satisfactory - have you now had yours? How overdue were u b4 they called . I'm abt 5 mnths and getting inpatient.

I was 14 months overdue when they came out :thumbsup:

TAZ
28-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Mine's overdue & hoping they won't rush out anytime soon, ot that I'll have any EYFS left at the rate I'm going. One leaving mid-Feb as Mum's job has ended. One leaving early March (just been told today) as family moving out of the area really sad as he's really lovely baby:crying:, My dd's are going to be upset as they love him - don't want to have to tell them:panic:

Rick
28-01-2013, 01:48 PM

Does anyone know when the first graded inspections are likely to be? Registered nearly 4 months now so I'm trying to get my SEF done in anticipation.

Rubybubbles
28-01-2013, 02:12 PM
I was graded good in Nov 2008 I think I need one soon please lol!!!

Shamai
28-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know when the first graded inspections are likely to be? Registered nearly 4 months now so I'm trying to get my SEF done in anticipation.

I think first graded inspections are supposed to be 6 months after registering? Not 100% sure though.

Samcat
28-01-2013, 10:23 PM

It says 5-7 months. My 5 months was up on Boxing Day - the inspector rang to make an appointment to come and see me in the new year on the Friday before Christmas. So they were very prompt with mine.

miffy
28-01-2013, 10:43 PM
Can anyone tell me if the cycle of inspections starts all over again with the new EYFS. I had mine in February last year and was hoping it would be another three years from then? Can anyone shed some light?

If you have a look on the new style reports it tells you the inspection cycle, second page I think, runs until July 2016.

But ofsted also do a random selection so there is a chance that you could be inspected any time within that cycle not necessarily three years after your last inspection.

Also if a complaint is made against you ofsted may do a full inspection.

Miffy xx

lisa1968
29-01-2013, 12:37 PM
I was last inspected in Nov 2008 and got a good with 3 outstanding areas.It's a long time to wait.

LauraS
29-01-2013, 02:26 PM

Mine was six months to the day, although they tried to come the week prior but I was closed.

Get seffing!