PDA

View Full Version : Quality First

Pipsqueak
25-06-2008, 04:25 PM
It came back today after only 5 weeks (its normally around 12 weeks) and I thought OMG I've got more to do:eek: it wasn't good enough but

I am really pleased and proud:blush: I have gained a Level 3 and the assessor has written some really lovely things - this is the overall summary of her assessment of my portfolio:

Victoria this portfolio truly reflects the requirements of the scheme "Quality" and it has been a pleasure to assess. You have really captured the requirements and applied it to your personal practice gving relevant examples throughout. Only one suggestion I would like to make is the reflective sessions ie/ improving practice and identifying what you still want to work on could have benefitted from a little more details. Reflective practice is now a key issue for all childcare practitioners and certainly helps is discussing and challenging ideas and future practice. However, this is for you to consider only and is in now way to detract from the work you have produced and the well deserved level you have met.

There are other really lovely and confidence boosting comments on each section and I am really really chuffed:blush:

Again its thanks to this site and a terrific development officer that I have gained so much insight and knowledge of "good and best practice"

Just the NVQ to finish now.....:D :D :D

cherry
25-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Well Done :clapping: :clapping:

wendywu
25-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Well done you. Another one to put up on your wall.:)

sarah707
25-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Congratulations! :clapping:

miffy
25-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Terrific comments - you are right to feel proud of that!

Well done - drinks are on you Friday night :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

miffy xx

katickles
25-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Well done - thats fantastic. I to would be extreamly (sp) proud :)

manjay
25-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Well done. They are fab comments

emler
25-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Well done you :thumbsup:

jaz
25-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Have to ask a silly qusetion - what is 'Quality First'??

J
xx

crazybones
25-06-2008, 06:28 PM
:clapping: GO YOU :clapping: Well done :clapping:

Mollymop
25-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Well done Vik, congratualtions!! I would be chuffed with those comments if it were me too!

Pipsqueak
25-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Have to ask a silly qusetion - what is 'Quality First'??

J
xx

Quality first is a national recognised quality assurance. If you look on the NCMA website there is information there about it. Its always worth asking your DO or early years team if there is funding available to do it (as I know its costs a fair bit).

thank you everyone:blush:

jaz
25-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Sorry forgot to say well done, how did you find the time to do your NVQ and the Quality First as well - don't you sleep???:eek:

J
xx

Tatia
25-06-2008, 06:57 PM
You deserve all the praise! Well done, you. :thumbsup: You should be proud that someone acknowledged your hard work, dedication and effort.

:clapping:

Pipsqueak
25-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Sorry forgot to say well done, how did you find the time to do your NVQ and the Quality First as well - don't you sleep???:eek:

J
xx

I done NVQ/DHC and QF all at the same time!!! lol:panic: Not recommended to do 3 together but I have done it and now going to take a well deserved breather for 2 weeks!!!

ps- am trying to catch up on 18months of sleep!!!

angeldelight
25-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Well done to you Vicky

Angel xx

donnahay0
26-06-2008, 06:35 AM
Oh well done, you should be REALLY proud of yourself. You deserve more than 2 weeks off. :goodjob:

What's next then? (ha ha)

jaz
26-06-2008, 06:42 AM
Did you find that alot of the NVQ stuff also covered the QF bits and bobs?

Had a quick look and some things do look similar, but dont think I'm as brave as you do do anything else just yet.

J
xx

Pipsqueak
26-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Some of the bits from each course fed into the other courses. I have learnt a fair bit from doing each course and has made me think about what and how I am doing things.

What next...??? Hmm I have an Inclusion course coming up and I am going onto the network. And then I might (note might!!) think about either doing tutor training or going onto the degree:eek:

mrsbumbles
26-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Well done Squeaky :clapping:

Polly2
26-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Thats fantastic pip! Well done! you should be really proud xx :clapping:

mertonparker
28-06-2008, 09:00 PM
A very well done to you:clapping:
And proud you should be:)

As for your next course....You would be absolutely fantastic as a tutor, You have helped me no end with my work.

Enjoy your rest:thumbsup:
mertonparker.x