PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Cards

melco
27-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Hi,

Do any of you carry with you an Emergency Card so that children's parents can be contacted if something happens to you? Also do you give one to parents so you can be contacted if anything happens to them?

The Childminder one basically says.

I am a Registered Childminder
The child/ren with me may not be my own.
My name_______________________________________

Child’s name ___________________________________

IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY PLEASE CONTACT:

Name _________________________________________
Tel no: ________________________________________
Mobile: _______________________________________
The above named child has the following requirements:

and the Parent one says below.

I am a Parent
My child/ren maybe being cared for by my childminder.

My name______________________________________

Its just something my Childminder used to do but was wondering whar others think.

Thanks

melco

lizduncan72
27-01-2013, 04:06 PM
I carry one and give them to parents in their welcome pack. Never needed to use them thankfully!

melco
27-01-2013, 04:09 PM
I carry one and give them to parents in their welcome pack. Never needed to use them thankfully!

Do you have pictures of the children on them? Another childminder has each childs picture so that the right people are contacted. Would that be a safeguarding issue or just something we would need to get permission for?

Rick
27-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Hi,

Do any of you carry with you an Emergency Card so that children's parents can be contacted if something happens to you? Also do you give one to parents so you can be contacted if anything happens to them?

I am a Parent

Its just something my Childminder used to do but was wondering whar others think.

Thanks

melco

Yes mine is very similar although I gave my parents the information in a letter. I also have emergency cards for each of the children which I keep on a key ring and take out with me depending on who I have with me. This has the child's parent's details on it.

melco
27-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Yes mine is very similar although I gave my parents the information in a letter. I also have emergency cards for each of the children which I keep on a key ring and take out with me depending on who I have with me. This has the child's parent's details on it.

Hi Rick,

What do you mean about you have the parents information in a letter?

Thanks

melco

Rick
27-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi Rick,

What do you mean about you have the parents information in a letter?

Thanks

melco

I keep a card on me that has my emergency contact on it. But I gave my parents a letter informing them who my emergency contact was rather than a card. It just said: if something happens to me my emergency contact will care for the children; they are allowed to increase their usual numbers in an emergency etc etc.

melco
27-01-2013, 04:29 PM
I keep a card on me that has my emergency contact on it. But I gave my parents a letter informing them who my emergency contact was rather than a card. It just said: if something happens to me my emergency contact will care for the children; they are allowed to increase their usual numbers in an emergency etc etc.

I have a policy that states who will look after the children if anything happens to me so am thinking about just having a card for me and not for the parents. Mine is my Mum as I do not have a back up childminder. Is this allowed? She only lives 2 minutes up the road and I state in my policy that she will be contacted in an emergency e.g I am hurt and need to go to hospital or if I need to take a child to hospital. I also put that my Mum will only look after the children until the children are collected and we will be calling all numbers so child can be collected asap.

So on your card it has your emergency contact? A previous Childminder used to put the parents details as the emergency contact. Don't know what to do now.

Rick
27-01-2013, 04:36 PM
I have a policy that states who will look after the children if anything happens to me so am thinking about just having a card for me and not for the parents. Mine is my Mum as I do not have a back up childminder. Is this allowed? She only lives 2 minutes up the road and I state in my policy that she will be contacted in an emergency e.g I am hurt and need to go to hospital or if I need to take a child to hospital. I also put that my Mum will only look after the children until the children are collected and we will be calling all numbers so child can be collected asap.

So on your card it has your emergency contact? A previous Childminder used to put the parents details as the emergency contact. Don't know what to do now.

Yes in an emergency it doesn't have to be a childminder. The emegency card for me has my emegency contact on it and I also take out cards for whichever children I have that day which has their parent's details on it.

melco
27-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Yes in an emergency it doesn't have to be a childminder. The emegency card for me has my emegency contact on it and I also take out cards for whichever children I have that day which has their parent's details on it.

Ok sorry just want to confirm.

You have a card for your emergency contact - so for me that would be my mum?

Then you have emergency cards with the childrens emergency contact on?

Sorry to be a pain!!

Thanks

melco

Rick
27-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Ok sorry just want to confirm.

You have a card for your emergency contact - so for me that would be my mum?

Then you have emergency cards with the childrens emergency contact on?

Sorry to be a pain!!

Thanks

melco

Yep that would be your mum. I have separate emergency cards for each child on a key ring depending on who I have with me. It has their name and parents details. It's only a small laminated card, nothing too much to carry around

bunyip
27-01-2013, 05:16 PM
I give each parent an emergency card with my number on. It's up to them if they carry them so I can be told if they have an accident.

I carry an emergency medical consent card for each child. These have the child's photo on (if I get hit by the same meteorite, then the paramedics can use the pics to work out who's who.) IIUC these are no longer a requirement, but they carry useful information and I see no point of getting rid of something that might just speed things up in an emergency.

I also carry a card with a third-party's number on (a trusted neighbour) who can be called if I'm incapacitated. The 3rd party has all the parents' contact details (with consent) and can contact them if anything happens to me. :)

linzi133
27-01-2013, 07:12 PM
I give my parents a key ring which states on it 'I use a childminder- in case of emergency please ring ......(my number)'

I carry a key ring saying 'I am a childminder- in emergency ring.....(my partners name)

toddlers896
27-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Hi,

I am a Parent

Thanks

melco

I have these details printed onto a card label and its laminated and I carry it on my keys like a small keyfob. One side says who I am and who to contact in an emergency and the other side has the childrens phone numbers.
Fingers crossed i will never need it but its there just incase.

miffy
27-01-2013, 10:52 PM
I give each parent an emergency card with my number on. It's up to them if they carry them so I can be told if they have an accident.

I carry an emergency medical consent card for each child. These have the child's photo on (if I get hit by the same meteorite, then the paramedics can use the pics to work out who's who.) IIUC these are no longer a requirement, but they carry useful information and I see no point of getting rid of something that might just speed things up in an emergency.

I also carry a card with a third-party's number on (a trusted neighbour) who can be called if I'm incapacitated. The 3rd party has all the parents' contact details (with consent) and can contact them if anything happens to me. :)

I do much the same as bunyip apart from not having the children's photos on the cards.

Miffy xx

TAZ
27-01-2013, 10:59 PM
I have a list of my mindees and each ones contact / emergency contact details.
I really like the idea of having a laminated card for each child to attach to my keys though.:)

Anne-marie
27-01-2013, 11:04 PM
I have a book with each childs photo on saying a similar thing as below.. with the childs first name
parents and emergancy contact numbers and if they have a dietary requirement
i also have my details and emergancy details in the front too.

rickysmiths
28-01-2013, 01:11 AM
I give my parents a laminated card with my number on, my husbands and the name number and address of each of my emergency carers

I also give my parents a sheet in their folder with a photograph of each of my emergency carers and their names and addresses.

I carry a tiny pocket photo album in my bag or pocket. It had a photo of me and my children, emergency contacts for me and details of my son's school and a phone number and my daughter's mobile number.

It then has a photo of each child for identification purposes along with their parents and emergency contacts phone numbers. Also the child's dob, doctor, and any allergies etc. and permission to seek emergency medical care and use first aid. I keep meaning to up date this because we don't need it anymore.

The older children are taught that I carry this book and my phone and that they are always in my bag or pocket.

melco
28-01-2013, 10:13 AM
It then has a photo of each child for identification purposes along with their parents and emergency contacts phone numbers. Also the child's dob, doctor, and any allergies etc. and permission to seek emergency medical care and use first aid. I keep meaning to up date this because we don't need it anymore.

Hi,

I have done the permission forms for me to be able to do the cards. Wanted to get permission before I did it.

Also I have recently re done all my permission forms but have just noticed that I still ask for permission to seek emergency medical care and receive first aid!1 Do I need to remove it or does it not matter?

Thanks

melco

nipper
28-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Mine are laminated with a small photo on them with the following:
Child's name
Male/Female
D.O.B

Mother contact number
Father contact number
Emergency contact number i.e grandparent

Doctors details including phone number

Allergies/health requirements

On the back I have photocopied and reduced the Medical consent form which I ask all parents to sign. This is then countersigned and dated by me.

The cards are small enough to fit inside my travel first aid kit which I carry in my rucksack on outings and school runs

Tazmin68
28-01-2013, 10:57 AM
I have emergency contact details in all of the diaries for my under 5s which are in their bags which are always with us. I also have all ice numbers for parents in my mobile and my husband is listed under my ice. He also knows where all child record forms etc are kept. The older children all know that I have their parents details on my mobile phone.