PDA

View Full Version : Emergency care back up plan

willow2806
27-01-2013, 03:12 PM
I am about to set up an emergency care plan for my current minded children. I use NCMA contracts so plan on adding a trusted childminding friend to provide this back up if they are able. I will set up a meeting between the children, parents and childminder friend (who knows the children well). Does the childminder need to do an emergency contract with the parents to keep for her files. Any suggestion/advice much appreciated. :blush:

bunyip
27-01-2013, 05:06 PM
I provide emergency cover for another CM. I do it as an ad hoc arrangement (with ad hoc contract) cos, by it's very nature, a true emergency won't allow much time for contract meetings.

Just be careful not to promise too much or raise expectations unrealistically. Emergency back up is one thing, but few CMs can afford to hold vacant spaces in readiness for an emergency.

cathtee
27-01-2013, 05:36 PM
I have an arrangement with a childminding friend we cover each other in the event of an emergency ie needing to rush to hospital or sudden
illness of either of us until parent can get to us, but we don't cover each other if we have to cancel before the start of day due to our illness
if you see what I mean.

jillplum
27-01-2013, 06:12 PM
My sister is a childminder and we cover eachother for emergencies. Also, if we have the space we will cover each other for things like doctor appointments etc. All parents have to agree in advance and are happy they dont need to take time off work.

Rick
27-01-2013, 07:39 PM
I am about to set up an emergency care plan for my current minded children. I use NCMA contracts so plan on adding a trusted childminding friend to provide this back up if they are able. I will set up a meeting between the children, parents and childminder friend (who knows the children well). Does the childminder need to do an emergency contract with the parents to keep for her files. Any suggestion/advice much appreciated. :blush:

You probably know this but I'll say it anyway, a childminder may have more than their usual numbers in the case of emergency. I didn't know you had to do a contract for emergency reasons. You would run out if spare contracts pretty quickly