PDA

View Full Version : When did you start advertising?

sprinkles
27-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Did you start advertising before you were registered? I'm just waiting for the fire officer coming out to tell me where I need to have my smoke alarms installed, then I've to contact my inspector to come for my pre-reg inspection. Hopefully it will only be a fortnight, three weeks maximum, until I have my pre-reg inspection.

Dd you wait until you were registered to advertise? If not, how long before you were registered did you start advertising? Also, where did you advertise?

RuthJ
27-01-2013, 01:50 PM
I think if our make it clear that you are in the process of beings registered and when you will have vacancies then there is no problem with advertising now. Hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong though!

Rick
27-01-2013, 01:54 PM
I think if our make it clear that you are in the process of beings registered and when you will have vacancies then there is no problem with advertising now. Hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong though!

Yes agree with that. Someone on my course had mindees lined up during the course and was praying that her certificate came through in time for September start. There's nothing stopping you advertising before you are officially registered, you just can't start. I wish I'd done that earlier as I had my certificate in my hand expecting the phone to ring but it took a while. :jump for joy:

LauraS
27-01-2013, 01:55 PM
I started advertising before I was registered, but made clear my position. It didnt make a huge amount of difference at the time, as I only managed to book one child for six days over two weeks as temporary care and the rest of my business was gained when I was actually able to work. However, I now have a child full time who was recommended to me by that first family, so with hindsight it was well worth advertising before registration (and taking on the bitty odd little bookings that no-one else wanted!!)

Rick
27-01-2013, 01:56 PM
.......and I advertised on childcare.co.uk, local websites, Facebook, toddler groups. I just basically tried to get myself out there and known to parents, particularly being an independent male childminder :thumbsup:

Littleglees
27-01-2013, 02:03 PM
I registered on sites and put adverts in children centres and play groups etc, stating that I was in process of being registered x

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

sprinkles
27-01-2013, 03:55 PM
.......and I advertised on childcare.co.uk, local websites, Facebook, toddler groups. I just basically tried to get myself out there and known to parents, particularly being an independent male childminder :thumbsup:

Thanks :thumbsup: I've registered on childcare.co.uk, advertised on gumtree and just made up a Facebook page. I'm a bit sceptical about sharing my Facebook page at the moment though in case my work see - not that it really matters as the company is in administration and I may lose my job anyway.

sprinkles
27-01-2013, 03:57 PM
I registered on sites and put adverts in children centres and play groups etc, stating that I was in process of being registered x

Thanks for the info, can you tell me which sites you registered with please?

Rick
27-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Thanks :thumbsup: I've registered on childcare.co.uk, advertised on gumtree and just made up a Facebook page. I'm a bit sceptical about sharing my Facebook page at the moment though in case my work see - not that it really matters as the company is in administration and I may lose my job anyway.

I posted on a local selling page on Facebook rather than make up my own. I tried Gumtree but you only get the free ad for a month I think so gave up on that.

My company went into administration a few days after I left (don't think it was my fault!) :laughing:

sprinkles
27-01-2013, 04:15 PM
I posted on a local selling page on Facebook rather than make up my own. I tried Gumtree but you only get the free ad for a month I think so gave up on that.

My company went into administration a few days after I left (don't think it was my fault!) :laughing:

I've made up a page for my childminding business so will be easier for me to post on local selling pages without anyone knowing it is me :clapping:

You think.....:D

Littleglees
27-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Childcare.co.uk , netmums is good as you can advertise for free in areas local to yourself, Gumtree, local authority site, family information service, library's, playgroups and let your local schools know :-)

Sarah x