PDA

View Full Version : Lady due at 1pm today, still not here....

Loushah
27-01-2013, 01:30 PM
It really annoys me when people enquire about chikdcare, arrange to come round on my day off and don't even turn up....I have spent this morning cleaning, tidying up, sorting out age appropriate toys, printing off portfolio...I could of gone out with my family. I have sent her a message on Facebook and nothing back...how rude!

Sorry just letting off some steam :-(

nipper
27-01-2013, 01:33 PM
I always get a mobile number off prospective clients and text the night before just to make sure they haven't forgotten. I've been there with the tidying up though:angry:

Loushah
27-01-2013, 01:34 PM
I always get a mobile number off prospective clients and text the night before just to make sure they haven't forgotten. I've been there with the tidying up though:angry:

Only arranged it Friday night, but yes should have got a number....I should learn my lesson not the first time this has happened!

LauraS
27-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Have had this multiple times. Had one lady do it to me twice (although she did call at around the time she was due each time with an excuse), and against my better judgement I took her child on. She messed me around and left in debt. :rolleyes:

Should have known :o

RuthJ
27-01-2013, 01:40 PM
It really annoys me when people enquire about chikdcare, arrange to come round on my day off and don't even turn up....I have spent this morning cleaning, tidying up, sorting out age appropriate toys, printing off portfolio...I could of gone out with my family. I have sent her a message on Facebook and nothing back...how rude!

Sorry just letting off some steam :-(

How rude:mad:

This used to happen to me all the time when we were selling our house - incredibly frustrating :(

Hope you can enjoy the rest of your day off.

Rick
27-01-2013, 01:59 PM
If I was looking for childcare I would make every effort to keep the meeting
1. Because this person will be looking after the most precious thing in my life and
2. Because I'm not rude enough to just not turn up

Luckily the two viewings I've had went well and the parents turned up when they said they would but it will happen one day! :D

Loushah
27-01-2013, 02:03 PM
She is coming at 3:30 now, she said she texted me yesterday....I never got it...not a good start!

Rick
27-01-2013, 02:06 PM
She is coming at 3:30 now, she said she texted me yesterday....I never got it...not a good start!

She's either lying or can't type a phone number! At least the tidying and setting up isn't in vain :thumbsup:

bunyip
27-01-2013, 02:14 PM
I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and try to be nice about it.

I've had parents fail to show, but I've also had text messages arrive up to 2 days after they were sent. No matter how fancy and expensive people's mobile phones are, we in the UK still have about the worst communication network in Europe. :mad:

lizduncan72
27-01-2013, 02:14 PM
So annoying when that happens!!! Had it several times over the years and it still makes me really mad! How long does it take to send a text to say they're not coming??? Just plain rude :(

Rick
27-01-2013, 02:17 PM
So annoying when that happens!!! Had it several times over the years and it still makes me really mad! How long does it take to send a text to say they're not coming??? Just plain rude :(

It's because people don't think we have life outside childminding! :mad:

Daisy De
27-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Smile sweetly and make your judgement when she is with you, remember its a two way thing. Experience has taught me if alarm bells ring at the initial meeting and I think the child either won't fit in or I'm not going to get on with the parents I don't take the child on even if they want me. Have taken children on a few times knowing I shouldn't have and always regret it. Obviously, sometimes financially you can't afford to be choosy but I sometimes think we forget its a two way meeting.

Give her the benefit of the doubt about the change of time though, you might be made for eachother.

Hope it goes well. :D

blue bear
27-01-2013, 04:13 PM
How did it go?

Loushah
27-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Thanks ladies, you are all very supportive.

It actually went really well, it is for a full time place in September, however, if she does choose me she wants to start 2-3 settling sessions a week ASAP for her baby and also asked if her 2.5 year old son could come once a week as he was having a great time playing with my sons (he is normally clingy & shy) and when his mom was saying goodbye to us, he shouted bye mom and carried on playing until she told him he was going too and he started crying.

I'm not getting my hopes up too much as she said distance is the only issue.

sarah707
27-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Sounds like it went well! Fingers crossed :D

Loushah
27-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Thanks Sarah

Rick
27-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Thanks ladies, you are all very supportive.

It actually went really well, it is for a full time place in September, however, if she does choose me she wants to start 2-3 settling sessions a week ASAP for her baby and also asked if her 2.5 year old son could come once a week as he was having a great time playing with my sons (he is normally clingy & shy) and when his mom was saying goodbye to us, he shouted bye mom and carried on playing until she told him he was going too and he started crying.

I'm not getting my hopes up too much as she said distance is the only issue.

I'd like to say I haven't been called a lady before but I have lol! :ROFL1:

Well done you! Worth the effort and waiting after all! :D

miffy
27-01-2013, 10:33 PM
It sounds very positive so will keep my fingers crossed for you

Miffy xx

TAZ
27-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Sounds like a very positive meeting. All the hard work preparing was worth it!! :clapping: