PDA

View Full Version : logging in on childcare again?

mushpea
27-01-2013, 12:44 PM
would it worry you and would you say anything if a parent whos been with you for the last 3 months logs in to childcare again?

bernesewalking
27-01-2013, 12:45 PM
I had this once, turned out she'd logged in to reply to someone who had contacted her and she told them she was now sorted :)

RuthJ
27-01-2013, 12:56 PM
I would worry but that's because I am a worrier!

I'm sure she has probably logged on for the reason that berneswalking said - she probably just wants to update her profile, or maybe she had some messages to respond to, or maybe she's writing you a glowing review!

Try not to worry. X

LauraS
27-01-2013, 01:04 PM
I had that - parent was looking for a babysitter for a night out :)

Marshmallow
27-01-2013, 01:12 PM
:panic: No, I have enough to do :clapping:
Carry on as normal

would it worry you and would you say anything if a parent whos been with you for the last 3 months logs in to childcare again?

mushpea
27-01-2013, 01:14 PM
thanks for the quick replys folks, Im just worried because I dont want to loose any children cause finacially we are struggling as it is, I was thinking of saying to her on monday "x has been here a few weeks now so I just wanted to make sure you are happy with everthing that I am doing for x " if she says yes then I was thinking of adding" I see you had logged in to childcare.co.uk the other day and as you still have your account would you minde leaving me a review for other parents to view please"
I stress horribly over these things, this parent is a parent who would tell me if she didnt like somthing and seems happy with my services so i shouldnt stress really but this jobs so up and down it dose my head in! we were discussing her needing more days from April but she wont know untill april as she will need to ring the tax credits to find out if its worth her doing more days but they cant tell her as they wont update her systems till april, i did warn her that I have othe rparents visiting but have also told her I can do a variation if needed as it would be continuity of care which she also seemed ok with.
arrrggghhh why cant life be simple
I am signing up a new parent on monday so dont really want to loose one as I sign one up

Rick
27-01-2013, 01:18 PM

Yes don't worry! I wondered why a person kept logging in after she said she was keeping LO in nursery but all became clear when I sent her another message and of course she logged in (she didn't reply though!).

It's human nature to be curious. Even if I was full and perfectly happy I'd still read a message someone sent :D

bunyip
27-01-2013, 01:18 PM
As a CM, I'd worry.

If I were a parent being watched, I'd worry about that too.

I'm such a worrier. :rolleyes:

Tazmin68
27-01-2013, 01:23 PM
I would mention it in passing. I went away on holiday went on childcare and noticed that parents on a child I was looking after had put a new childcare request on there. On the first day of the child coming to me I mentioned in passing that I had been on childcare and she then told me that they had decided to move house and was planning to send a letter later in the week giving me 4 weeks notice. On that instance I was gutted as child had been with me 18 months and I was planning on keeping a second place free for baby brother to start 6 months later. On the other hand I had a parent again log onto childcare a month after child started and it was only to reply to a message.

Rick
27-01-2013, 01:27 PM
I would mention it in passing. I went away on holiday went on childcare and noticed that parents on a child I was looking after had put a new childcare request on there. On the first day of the child coming to me I mentioned in passing that I had been on childcare and she then told me that they had decided to move house and was planning to send a letter later in the week giving me 4 weeks notice. On that instance I was gutted as child had been with me 18 months and I was planning on keeping a second place free for baby brother to start 6 months later. On the other hand I had a parent again log onto childcare a month after child started and it was only to reply to a message.

Yes I'd be worried if they changed their profile saying still looking for childcare. If they've just logged in then don't worry. Only thing is, if they log in they go to the top of the list so will be more likely to get more messages, so they log in again.
You see the viscous circle right! :D

blue bear
27-01-2013, 04:46 PM
I had a parent do this, I said I see you have been on childcare looking for care? She had been looking for her friend as she knew I was full, in the end I had room for friend too and took that child on as well so glad I said something

marnieb
27-01-2013, 06:12 PM
I have a parent that logs in at least once a week - I really dont know why, her kids love coming here (so they tell her!!) and tbh she'll not find any cm round here as accomadating as I've been......

Logan
27-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Oh I didn't think about them logging in to reply to a message! I've a baby due to start in 3 weeks, contracts signed, but noticed she'd been back on childcare.co.uk & was a bit concerned.

Rick
27-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Oh I didn't think about them logging in to reply to a message! I've a baby due to start in 3 weeks, contracts signed, but noticed she'd been back on childcare.co.uk & was a bit concerned.

As I said, people are curious if they get a message. I would be! If they log in they go to the top of the list and get more messages. I don't think I could complain about a parent logging in when I've also complained about people not replying to my messages! :laughing:

DAWN44
27-01-2013, 10:07 PM
I had a parent do this, I was worried and asked if she was happy with my care as I saw she had logged into childcare site.

She had logged on to cancel her subscription, said she didn't want to pay anymore as very happy with me. :blush:

Lilylulu
27-01-2013, 10:22 PM
Just before christmas I had a message to say one of my parents had viewed my profile - I too was quite shocked that they were on there and started to worry if I had upset them. Then the next week they asked to up their 20 hour week to 48 due to a new job....they are however trying to negotiate a new fee structure - they had used childcare.co.uk to compare prices :( I explained that they would have our last space - so despite not being the cheapest we obviously offered valued quality care, so we dont need to drop our prices too much!

TAZ
27-01-2013, 10:31 PM
I think people log on for various reasons, can be positive,negative or neutral. As a society we're just so used to logging in & searching sites to be nosey (in a nice way):blush: