PDA

View Full Version : Childcare.co.uk send parents messages question?

Chell83
27-01-2013, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone:thumbsup:

I've just up graded to gold member on Childcare i really hope its worth it HA.
However just wondering if messaging parents works to gain business? if so, if anyone can please help? What sort of thing to include in the message to parents?

Thank you so much in advanced

x:o

RuthJ
27-01-2013, 10:31 AM
When I had a quiet period a few months back I decided to email local parents. I started with the ones that had viewed me and just introduced myself and offered my services. Heard nothing for ages then one of the parents got in contact for a short term contract. Wasn't much but definitely helped when business was quiet so I would recommend it. And it gets your name known locally which always helps :)

Good luck!

Rick
27-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone:thumbsup:

I've just up graded to gold member on Childcare i really hope its worth it HA.
However just wondering if messaging parents works to gain business? if so, if anyone can please help? What sort of thing to include in the message to parents?

Thank you so much in advanced

x:o

I've only got one mindee from it but send a lot of messages. I think that's more because I'm an independent male childminder, my female childminder friend got more interest.

I explain a bit about myself, my setting, activities and outings we go on. I also give my website address so parents can look at their leisure. It's worth sending messages to lots of people because you don't know their full story. They may appear a few miles from you but may commute to work going past your house. Be prepared for a percentage of people not to respond. I put this down to parents getting inundated with messages and haven't got time to respond to all messages.

Hope this helps.

dette
27-01-2013, 10:34 AM
hi .i messaged all the local parents when i upgraded my membership for a month and those that had their mobile numbers on got a text message,i didnt go into too much detail as they would be able to read that on my profile,i just said that due to my own child starting school i now had a space available and added my phonenumber to the message.as i was only buying a months membership this way the parents would still have access to my number if they needed it at a later date after my gold membership had expired,(sorry richard :blush::blush:)

Rick
27-01-2013, 10:35 AM
hi .i messaged all the local parents when i upgraded my membership for a month and those that had their mobile numbers on got a text message,i didnt go into too much detail as they would be able to read that on my profile,i just said that due to my own child starting school i now had a space available and added my phonenumber to the message.as i was only buying a months membership this way the parents would still have access to my number if they needed it at a later date after my gold membership had expired,(sorry richard :blush::blush:)

Slapped wrist! :eek:

littletreasures
27-01-2013, 10:41 AM
I think it's definitely worth emailing local parents.

I find that sometimes the parents haven't paid for gold membership and look at your profile, hoping you'll get in touch with them, lol!!

Good luck

Daisy De
27-01-2013, 10:43 AM
I usually reply to people who have looked at my profile a couple of times or profiles in my area that match my spaces.

I usually just do a general message saying I may have a space and if my profile is of interest please contact me, I don't want to be too pushy.

You will find some reply and it ends in a visit and new business for you, others read your message but don't reply, some continue to look at your profile multiple times but don't contact you (!) and some don't even read your message (you can tell if they have as the envelope shows open).

One thing I have recently added to my initial message is that as I have paid for membership, their reply back to me is free, I wondered if this might be a reason some people might not reply or continue to look but don't send a message. The other side of that of course is that they get so many messages they can't be bothered to reply or maybe some people are just rude lol :)

Good luck.

Rick
27-01-2013, 11:10 AM
I usually reply to people who have looked at my profile a couple of times or profiles in my area that match my spaces.

I usually just do a general message saying I may have a space and if my profile is of interest please contact me, I don't want to be too pushy.

You will find some reply and it ends in a visit and new business for you, others read your message but don't reply, some continue to look at your profile multiple times but don't contact you (!) and some don't even read your message (you can tell if they have as the envelope shows open).

One thing I have recently added to my initial message is that as I have paid for membership, their reply back to me is free, I wondered if this might be a reason some people might not reply or continue to look but don't send a message. The other side of that of course is that they get so many messages they can't be bothered to reply or maybe some people are just rude lol :)

Good luck.

Yes I find quite a few don't even read it which is frustrating! As I said above, I reckon a few parents are put off when they see I'm a male childminder but there's nothing I can do about that other than try and convince them I'm the same as anyone else. We have a lot of childminders in this area and I don't think many parents have to pay as they get lots of mail.

Daisy De
27-01-2013, 11:25 AM
I imagine it must be very frustrating and annoying for you Rick when people don't visit or give you a chance to prove you are just as good as any female childminder. Hopefully, word of mouth will be a better advertisement for you in the future once you get fully established, to be honest most of my new business is word of mouth/recommendation anyway.

Or maybe you could do a Mrs Doubtfire, now that I would like to see :D

Rick
27-01-2013, 11:30 AM
I imagine it must be very frustrating and annoying for you Rick when people don't visit or give you a chance to prove you are just as good as any female childminder. Hopefully, word of mouth will be a better advertisement for you in the future once you get fully established, to be honest most of my new business is word of mouth/recommendation anyway.

Or maybe you could do a Mrs Doubtfire, now that I would like to see :D

Now there's an idea! :ROFL1:

mushpea
27-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Iput a link to my website and tell them what spaces i have, I also add my contact details as they have to pay to get these, I have several parents come and see me through me messaging them and i have taking on at least 4 children through childcare this way and have another coming to sign contracts monday eve:clapping:

LauraS
27-01-2013, 01:16 PM
I put my website details and contact details. I've found that since I created a website I get a lot more response from messages that I did before. I think people are much more likely to respond when they can look at you and see exactly what they are getting from your service, rather than judge on the message alone and risk an uncomfortable visit where they come and find you're not what they are looking for.

I'm full (and have been from maybe two months after registering, despite charging more than a lot of local cms) and am turning people away, considering taking on an assistant.

Littleglees
27-01-2013, 02:06 PM
I just put " hi, I've your advert on the child care site, I'm registered with Ofsted and have a place available please contact email / phone for more information, look forward to hearing from you" I've had two out of five parents I've emailed signed contracts x

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

lizduncan72
27-01-2013, 02:12 PM
I've had no success at all from the site-sent messages to loads of people some read them, some didn't but hardly anyone replied :( I put a link to my website in my message too. Can't afford to keep paying for membership to get no work from it. Still have my profile on site and get lots of people looking at it but no messages from them :(

Rick
27-01-2013, 02:21 PM
I've had no success at all from the site-sent messages to loads of people some read them, some didn't but hardly anyone replied :( I put a link to my website in my message too. Can't afford to keep paying for membership to get no work from it. Still have my profile on site and get lots of people looking at it but no messages from them :(

I bit the bullet and just got a yearly membership. Some other childminders get it monthly but will still cost them more in he end. It is a balancing act. You want to keep the membership but if you get no mindees out of it you wonder if you should continue because of the cost. My theory was that if it gets me one child in a year, it will pay for itself after 2 days with mindee.

rickysmiths
27-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Well I have been a member for two years. I have tried the messaging tactic, the phoning tactic. I have had a lot of very rude people come and see me tell me I am the best person they have seen and they really want to use me and then I never see them again!! (sorry Richard) They don't use me or any other local minder but go to the local nurseries, their choice.

Last Sept I got my first parent sign who was from the sight, it was for one term only but the parent has left the child with me one day a week (was 4).

Until Friday when I was sent a message, parents came to see me, lovely couple and a sweet child, so content and wasn't phased waking up in a strange place, got stuck in on the play mat while the adults talked, they had already seen one minder and were off to see a third after me. They had also seen two local Nurseries and weren't impressed so I knew when they left it would be on of the 3 minders. They are relocating to the area and currently use a minder who sounds wonderful and whom they obviously love. (wonder if its anyone on here?) and want full time care.

Anyhow after a lean 18 months with no full timers and only working 3 days a week since Christmas times have been very tough here so I had all fingers crossed.

I got the text last night and they want to use me. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I am so happy and they are such a lovely family. So I guess my fees for CC.co have now been worth it haven't they!

I am also waiting to hear back from a parent off there that came to see me a week ago who also needs full time care and is very nice so maybe I will fill both vacancies?

Also in the last week I have had a dialogue with two parents about very part time places.

More interest than I have ever had before off the site!

RuthJ
27-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Well I have been a member for two years. I have tried the messaging tactic, the phoning tactic. I have had a lot of very rude people come and see me tell me I am the best person they have seen and they really want to use me and then I never see them again!! (sorry Richard) They don't use me or any other local minder but go to the local nurseries, their choice.

Last Sept I got my first parent sign who was from the sight, it was for one term only but the parent has left the child with me one day a week (was 4).

Until Friday when I was sent a message, parents came to see me, lovely couple and a sweet child, so content and wasn't phased waking up in a strange place, got stuck in on the play mat while the adults talked, they had already seen one minder and were off to see a third after me. They had also seen two local Nurseries and weren't impressed so I knew when they left it would be on of the 3 minders. They are relocating to the area and currently use a minder who sounds wonderful and whom they obviously love. (wonder if its anyone on here?) and want full time care.

Anyhow after a lean 18 months with no full timers and only working 3 days a week since Christmas times have been very tough here so I had all fingers crossed.

I got the text last night and they want to use me. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I am so happy and they are such a lovely family. So I guess my fees for CC.co have now been worth it haven't they!

I am also waiting to hear back from a parent off there that came to see me a week ago who also needs full time care and is very nice so maybe I will fill both vacancies?

Also in the last week I have had a dialogue with two parents about very part time places.

That's brilliant - well done! :)

Rick
27-01-2013, 03:30 PM

Yes as I said in my previous post, if it only finds you one mindee in a year it will pay for itself in a day or two. The only reason I wouldn't renew is if I'm completely full then there's no need to.

rickysmiths
28-01-2013, 12:42 AM
Well there must be something in the water today I had another call tonight! Not from CC.uk though. I'll need a twin soon!!! Having had no calls for months I have had 5 this week!

Chell83
28-01-2013, 06:34 AM
Wow I didn't expect so many replies :laughing:

Thank you all for your help much appreciated

X

Rick
28-01-2013, 07:38 AM
Well there must be something in the water today I had another call tonight! Not from CC.uk though. I'll need a twin soon!!! Having had no calls for months I have had 5 this week!

Brill! I had nothing much before Christmas then a fair few calls after.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Daisy De
28-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Wow I didn't expect so many replies :laughing:

Thank you all for your help much appreciated

X

Once we all get going there is no stopping us :D

lynncjt
28-01-2013, 12:16 PM
I paid for annual membership, I've had some good enquires (I just didn't have the right spaces) and I've take on one full time child, so that's paid for this year's fees!

In the early days I contacted anyone that looked at me plus anyone in the area but didn't get any responses!

I don't have a web site at the moment but do include my facebook page in my contact details so they can look at photos before they contact me.