PDA

View Full Version : When 2 CMs work together .....will they do joint inspections?

Lilylulu
27-01-2013, 06:24 AM
Hi,
Last time round we had seperate inspections, as i joined later after the first inspection had been done. Has anyone had a joint inspection done? It makes sense as surely the provision is the same and difficult to seperate when you work together. We aren't due (or atleast not expecting it soon - although we are about 2 years apart) I was just wondering......as you do when you cant sleep!!

sarah707
27-01-2013, 09:20 AM
We have had separate inspections - when my partner first joined me in the business he had one on his own...

Our last inspection was joint - it lasted about 5.5 hours and the inspector watched us together, spoke to us separately and we had our own reports with different grades.

Hth :D

Lilylulu
27-01-2013, 09:25 AM
oh dear....5.5 hours - crikey, exhausting, did you feed the inspector? At my last inspection it seemed to fly past to be honest, I did offer lunch but she was nearly finished. It makes much more sense to get it out of the way together - were you due at the same time? Was this Ofsteds decision or did you ask for it Sarah?

sarah707
27-01-2013, 09:30 AM
The inspector said she was fine not eating - but we were all having tea so we put a little something in front of her :laughing:

It was her decision to do the inspections together - and tbh it wasn't that stressful we just got on and did what we normally do and the children were absolutely amazing through it all!

They are normally so busy in the afternoons anyway following themes they plan and sort out pretty much independently, plus cooking with my partner and getting involved with the little ones.

We had a rest in the middle while we went on the school runs which helped too!

She had plenty to write about in our reports :D

Rick
27-01-2013, 09:42 AM
It's difficult to know how your inspection's going to go, there seems to be inconsistency with inspectors even though they are all following the EYFS. Someone on here said the inspector was with them for 8 hours. My friend's inspection was an hour and a half. Your grading can be a lot down to who does the inspection which seems wrong to me! I suppose inspectors aren't robots so you can't expect every inspection to go the same way. :D

blue bear
27-01-2013, 09:54 AM
It's difficult to know how your inspection's going to go, there seems to be inconsistency with inspectors even though they are all following the EYFS. Someone on here said the inspector was with them for 8 hours. My friend's inspection was an hour and a half. Your grading can be a lot down to who does the inspection which seems wrong to me! I suppose inspectors aren't robots so you can't expect every inspection to go the same way. :D

Eight hours :huh: my longest was 5 and that was with I children present.

Rick
27-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Eight hours :huh: my longest was 5 and that was with I children present.

Pretty sure they said 8. Can't remember who it was though. That would be horrendous! :panic:

ruby
27-01-2013, 10:54 AM
We are with the CSSIW and have always been inspected jointly, although we do send in 2 seperate reports we have a joint inspection report back the last inspection lasted about 2 hours
so glad we are in Wales not sure i could copy with one lasting 5 1/2 hours the longest we have had is 3 hours

Cathy