PDA

View Full Version : ****** Parents!!

littlesprogs
25-06-2008, 03:28 PM
As some of you know i go on maternity leave on friday. I only look after 1 little boy 3 days a week 9 hours a day. I wasnt even supposed to start work until september because i was pregnant i decided to put off working until then. However i then got a phone call from a woman asking me if i could look after her little boy as she was desperate and couldnt find anyone else so i reluctantly agreed.

Well anyway since then the little boy has been a pain in the :censored: he has no manners and all he wants to do is play on his ds. He is rude and spoilt! The mother has complained that i dont take him to toddler groups but she knows the reason is because i have SPD and cant walk to them at the minute. Not to mention the fact that its on camp and i dont have my pass to get on base yet! If she had him at home all day she wouldnt be able to take him either because shes not allowed on camp so its not like he was missing out on anything.

Anyway today she has just collected and given me verbal notice i told her i need it in writing. What has ****** me off is the reasoning she gave for this! She said its because she doesnt want to unsettle him any further because they have jst moved house then he settled here and now hes going to have to settle somewhere else for 4 weeks and she doesnt then want to move him out of that care and then he is starting nursery in september. But she knew i was going on maternity leave when she signed contracts!!

Even when she signed contracts she messed me around coz she didnt know what days and ours she would need for weeks!! She even had problems paying me to start with so i didnt charge her a deposit! She cant even afford to buy him socks that fit!!!

Anyway what do i need to do for termination of contract? Paperwork wise? I only have 2 days to sort it all out coz he finishes with me on friday.

Banana
25-06-2008, 03:43 PM
You dont have to do anything. Let her give you notice in writing. All you have to do is send a quick letter acknowledging her notice period.

What a flippin pain in the bum!

x

Monkey1
25-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Good riddence to bad rubbish comes to mind! Just put it behind you babe and enjoy your own baby x you can find something else when your ready x

Monkey1
25-06-2008, 03:51 PM
I have a termination of contract letter that i get them to sign which states that if they are claiming childcare tax credit its their responsibility to let them know. Make sure its dated and there can be no comeback on you x

nell57
25-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Dont get wound up sounds like yor well rid anyway. Think I remember seeing a termination of contract on bromley, but it was some time ago so not sure if its still there

I bet Fri cant come soon enough for you

Helen

littlesprogs
25-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Dont get wound up sounds like yor well rid anyway. Think I remember seeing a termination of contract on bromley, but it was some time ago so not sure if its still there

I bet Fri cant come soon enough for you

Helen

No it cant i was looking forward to it anyway but now it cant come quick enough!!

I thought about ringing in sick for the next couple of days coz i feel exhausted and it would serve her right but unfortunately i cant afford to have to pay her back £180

nell57
25-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Never mind hun its only a few days and your made of strong stuff, you can make it till then, then you can chill, (till the baby arrives that is:D )

Helen

littlesprogs
25-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Never mind hun its only a few days and your made of strong stuff, you can make it till then, then you can chill, (till the baby arrives that is:D )

Helen

Yea i'm looking forward to the extra time with my beautiful (unless he looks like hubby haha) baby boy :D it'll give me more time to get used to being a mummy especially when hubby goes back to work.

manjay
25-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Maybe it was her intention all along to use you for the short term! or maybe I am in an extra cynical mood today. I too would enjoy the extra time with Jayden and find someone else when you are ready to go back to work

katickles
25-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Yeah i bet thi swas her plan - or she's just a royal pain!!

I have just closed the door to my mindee for the last time - I made sure that they had signed the attendance register for this week & also my accounts book to show that they have paid me the money that they owed me.

Other then that - i just acknowledge there letter or should I say e-mail :rolleyes: , of termination when i got it.

I do agree with the others that at least you'll enjoy the time with Jayden without thinking...............oh no only 4/3/2/1 weeks to go :(

x

wendywu
25-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Cheek of it. But who wants parents like that anyway. Who ever you get next will be better than her.

Enjoy your time off.:)

Spangles
25-06-2008, 05:29 PM
It's probably worked out for the best, things normally do.

You can relax with your baby and not have to cope with a mindee who sounds like a bit of hard work!

Something/one will come along that's much better for you when the time is right, I bet.

xx

fionamal
25-06-2008, 05:47 PM
To be honest its probably for the best anyway. You have your own little bundle to think of.

For the next couple of days just let the little b.....r play on his DS and you put your feet up and relax.

littlesprogs
25-06-2008, 05:52 PM
To be honest its probably for the best anyway. You have your own little bundle to think of.

For the next couple of days just let the little b.....r play on his DS and you put your feet up and relax.

dont worry i'm not doing anything for him! You'll probably see me alot on here the next few days lol.

Hubby is going to teach him lots of bad habits before friday lol

manjay
25-06-2008, 06:00 PM
dont worry i'm not doing anything for him! You'll probably see me alot on here the next few days lol.

Hubby is going to teach him lots of bad habits before friday lol

I like your style:laughing:

Mollymop
25-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Good riddence to bad rubbish comes to mind! Just put it behind you babe and enjoy your own baby x you can find something else when your ready x

As
Monkey says...
I am sorry that you have had to put up with this hassle so close to your baby being born.
The parent doesn't realise a good thing when she has it!

Rubybubbles
25-06-2008, 06:28 PM
aw hun:(

let him on his ds and rest:thumbsup:

angeldelight
26-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Hope you are ok Louise

Think I agree with Amanda think it was this parents intention in the first place

Enjoy your rest

Angel xx

littlesprogs
26-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Hope you are ok Louise

Think I agree with Amanda think it was this parents intention in the first place

Enjoy your rest

Angel xx

After thinking about it i think you and amanda are probably right.

Although i dont know which childminder she has gone to i know she will find it hard to get holiday cover when she needs to coz 3 of the other childminders in the area i know and one of them is my sister in law and the other 2 are her best friends. I know another that wont take under 4's aswell. Since she has messed me about after i did her a favour i wont be taking him back to cover her holidays and i'm pretty sure my sister in law and friends wont either.

Good luck to the other childminder getting him to ask for things instead of i want all the time and his dirty discusting habits lol

flora
26-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Enjoy your rest Louise,

Hope this silly woman never darkens your door again :D

littlesprogs
26-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Enjoy your rest Louise,

Hope this silly woman never darkens your door again :D

The stupid woman wont get anywhere near my door!!

she even had the cheek to say 'let me know when the baby arrives though wont you?' as if we were friends ha i dont think so i'm glad my baby wont be subjected to that horrible family lol.