PDA

View Full Version : silly question probably...

Jessymax
26-01-2013, 11:33 AM
do u need to complete the cypop5 and what exactly isit?

Kiddleywinks
26-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Yes you do need to do cypop5, it is one element of a much larger qualification, the nvq level 3 diploma.

It's actually a good course, particularly if you have a. never looked after children before, and b. if you have never run your own business before, as it gives you a basic understanding of what is involved in all aspects of your new venture.

The course itself covers amongst others:
The role of Ofsted, and the Local Authority (LA)
The EYFS
How to set up a home based childcare service
How to establish a safe and healthy environment for children
The importance of partnerships with parents for all aspects of the home based childcare service
Understand the principles of development of routines for home based child care
Understand how to provide play and other activities for children in home based settings
Equality and inclusion
Safeguarding children including recognising signs and symptoms of all types of abuse
Understand the principles of supporting positive behaviour
Policies and procedures, and the difference between the two

On top of that you will have to do paediatric first aid

HTH :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
26-01-2013, 01:20 PM
and Child Protection Training

TAZ
26-01-2013, 06:22 PM
do u need to complete the cypop5 and what exactly isit?

Yes unless you registered before cypop5 was introduced in which case you would have done an equivilent course. When I registered it was ICP (introduction to childminding practice).

Rick
26-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Yes unless you registered before cypop5 was introduced in which case you would have done an equivilent course. When I registered it was ICP (introduction to childminding practice).

Yes I did the ICP course. I was wondering what cypop5 was. When did it change, I only did my course in June, July time. Did it change in September?

Jessymax
27-01-2013, 07:46 PM
isit a case of pass or failing it ?