PDA

View Full Version : Shared LJ ?

lilac_dragon
25-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Hi everyone I'm after some advice concerning information sharing with Nurseries.
One of my los will get their free Nursery sessions in September. The parents have decided that they want them to stay with me, so out of a 5 day week, they will only attend Nursery for 3 morning sessions. The rest of the week, they will be with me, so I'll still be the main carer.
In the past, I've handed the parent the LJ I already have on the child, to pass onto Nursery, and from then on have shared copies of my ongoing obs etc with the Nursery, (keeping originals for Ofsted visits) as los have spent less hours with me and more with Nursery, so THEY have been the main carer.
I have been allowed, with parents consent, to flip through the Nursery LJ at collection time, although, interestingly, my copies of obs have not been put into the Nursery's LJ - probably binned?

Is the Nursery supposed to do the same? ie keep obs etc of the child, but supply me with regular copies of the obs to put in the LJ if I am the main carer?

Never had it this way round before!

Rick
25-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Nurseries are supposed to work with other settings so they should take notice of what you give them. Maybe your info is in another folder; hopefully they have at least read it and taken notice.

They may not have to necessarily give you copies of their obs but they could provide you with a summary every term or so on what little one like/dislikes, behaviour etc etc, you could do the same. They are unlikely to have time to read every assessment you have done but a simple summary may be within reach. :thumbsup:

lilac_dragon
26-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Nurseries are supposed to work with other settings so they should take notice of what you give them. Maybe your info is in another folder; hopefully they have at least read it and taken notice.

They may not have to necessarily give you copies of their obs but they could provide you with a summary every term or so on what little one like/dislikes, behaviour etc etc, you could do the same. They are unlikely to have time to read every assessment you have done but a simple summary may be within reach. :thumbsup:

That would make sense!
As I said, I've not had it this way round before.

Thank you!