PDA

View Full Version : BABY FOUND WITH DUMMY TAPED TO ITS FACE!!

silvermist
25-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Just heard on the news that a baby in a hospital in Stafford was found with a dummy taped to his face.

The 4 month old baby was in hospital for breathing difficulties when a nurse found him with the dummy taped to his face, she reported it and a nurse has been suspeneded.

OMG! Im speechless! :eek:

QualityCare
25-01-2013, 06:45 PM
So am l, just heard it also.

Rick
25-01-2013, 06:57 PM
That's appalling. She must have been fed up with the baby crying and spitting out its dummy but you don't do that!:censored:

Daisy De
25-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Awful and more worrying because the baby had breathing difficulties !!:panic:

silvermist
25-01-2013, 07:04 PM
I just cant understand why a nurse would do that! Unbelievable really. I know its hard when babies cry for a long time, its driven me to the brink of tears myself at times but I still cant think what would make you do that really!

shortstuff
25-01-2013, 07:06 PM
That is shocking behaviour. My son needed a dummy as he was oxygen dependant but flippin eck, that is disgraceful.

RuthJ
25-01-2013, 07:16 PM
I've just read this myself and couldn't believe it! It' just unthinkable :panic:

silvermist
25-01-2013, 07:26 PM
The thing I really dont get is how she thought she would actually get away with it in a busy hospital! :huh:

TAZ
25-01-2013, 10:56 PM
That's shocking :mad:

chez
25-01-2013, 11:08 PM
I do wonder if this was hyped up by the media. While I dont condone what was done it's awful I do wonder if they have taped another piece of medical equipment and its just caught the dummy slightly as a pose to actually taping it in their mouth.

vickylou
25-01-2013, 11:24 PM
At our junior school a few years ago one of the teachers taped a child to a chair!!!! She got suspended and I think actually received charges. Everyone was up in arms at the time, six months after this the mother of the child asked me to collect her from school, now I was never directly told but the child had behaviour/learning difficulties.

Now while I don't condone what the teacher did, after looking after her I completely understand why. she wouldn't sit down, jumped around everywhere, even whilst eating she would be up and down from the table. She shouted constantly. She had very disruptive behaviour. I only had a small number of children present but imagine trying to cope with that and 32 others!!!!

Unfortunately she didn't stay with me long, after an incident where she swore at me and called me horrific names.

I think it shows that teachers who have children with learning/behaviour difficulties need extra support, this particular teacher was newly qualified and had about 4 other children in her class who were also disruptive. This girl had a helper on PE days to help her dress herself as she had trouble on her own but otherwise there was no extra support. (This girl was 11 and a big girl also)

Ripeberry
25-01-2013, 11:38 PM
At our junior school a few years ago one of the teachers taped a child to a chair!!!! She got suspended and I think actually received charges. Everyone was up in arms at the time, six months after this the mother of the child asked me to collect her from school, now I was never directly told but the child had behaviour/learning difficulties.

Now while I don't condone what the teacher did, after looking after her I completely understand why. she wouldn't sit down, jumped around everywhere, even whilst eating she would be up and down from the table. She shouted constantly. She had very disruptive behaviour. I only had a small number of children present but imagine trying to cope with that and 32 others!!!!

Unfortunately she didn't stay with me long, after an incident where she swore at me and called me horrific names.

I think it shows that teachers who have children with learning/behaviour difficulties need extra support, this particular teacher was newly qualified and had about 4 other children in her class who were also disruptive. This girl had a helper on PE days to help her dress herself as she had trouble on her own but otherwise there was no extra support. (This girl was 11 and a big girl also)

This is another reason why I personally think that all classrooms should have constant monitoring by a camera that can record any incident. This would be for the children and the teacher's protection. We all get filmed out in the street. Why not in the classroom ? There would be clear evidence of what happened if anything kicked off and would be a great teaching tool for new teachers on how to deal with disruptive classes.

nipper
26-01-2013, 07:59 AM
Another nail in Stafford General Hospital's coffin. My two were both born there so I know it well.

watgem
26-01-2013, 11:42 AM
shocking! poor baby and poor parents discovering that

LauraS
26-01-2013, 01:57 PM
This is another reason why I personally think that all classrooms should have constant monitoring by a camera that can record any incident. This would be for the children and the teacher's protection. We all get filmed out in the street. Why not in the classroom ? There would be clear evidence of what happened if anything kicked off and would be a great teaching tool for new teachers on how to deal with disruptive classes.

But if it were required in a nursery, what's to say it wouldn't filter down to us? We have enough trouble adapting our homes, having signs up, being inspected... imagine if we had to install cameras and be taped during working hours, produce the tapes at parent or ofsted request, keep them for a.period and store them securely... ;)

Our children have a right to privacy and shouldn't have their every waking hour taped.