PDA

View Full Version : Childcare.co.uk

Marshmallow
25-01-2013, 02:27 PM
:laughing: Can anyone please tell me how a Childminder would get to be the ' featured ' Childminder , maybe I am just missing something, but I dont see how its done, do they pay or is it random selection ? :blush:

Please excuse my ignorance

LauraS
25-01-2013, 02:43 PM
I think its a randomly selected gold member, and seems to change frequently

Daisy De
25-01-2013, 02:53 PM
I think LauraS is right but I'm sure Richard will confirm :-)

Richard
25-01-2013, 03:17 PM
If you are a gold member and have a photo on your profile then you will be randomly featured in rotation with other gold members on the search results pages that you would normally appear.

Marshmallow
26-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Oooo ok , thank you for that. :)

:blush: I have another question for you , I know that to get a % off the Childcare .co.uk site fees, you are requested to have 300 posts on here, is there any other way ?

:jump for joy: I'm not a great writer, but an avid reader and I have numerous reviews on Childcare.co.uk but can't afford to join ?:eeeek:

If you are a gold member and have a photo on your profile then you will be randomly featured in rotation with other gold members on the search results pages that you would normally appear.

Richard
26-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Only green forum members with 300+ posts can get a discount on Childcare.co.uk gold membership.

TAZ
26-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Only green forum members with 300+ posts can get a discount on Childcare.co.uk gold membership.

While you're being asked lots of questions ...
My number of posts does not seem to change after a lot of the posts I leave (about a quarter). Is there a reason for this? :blush:

Marshmallow
26-01-2013, 06:14 PM
:panic: I'll never get a membership...................................

:clapping:Oh well at least I have good reviews to lean on :littleangel:

Daisy De
26-01-2013, 06:23 PM
My number of posts does not seem to change after a lot of the posts I leave (about a quarter). Is there a reason for this? :blush:

Don't think some posts count towards your total like ones in 'The Lounge', but I'm sure Richard will confirm or correct me :)

FussyElmo
26-01-2013, 06:25 PM

Only posts in the childminding area count. So just for members and the lounge dont count. Also multiply posts on the same thread dont neither :thumbsup:

Tazmin68
26-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Prooves how thick I am I never knew there was a discount on childcare website and I have been paying full fee for years!!!

Marshmallow
26-01-2013, 08:36 PM
:blush: Your like me, no enought posts to qualify for a reduction, boo hiss :p

Prooves how thick I am I never knew there was a discount on childcare website and I have been paying full fee for years!!!

LauraS
26-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Only posts in the childminding area count. So just for members and the lounge dont count. Also multiply posts on the same thread dont neither :thumbsup:

And there was me thinking it was the ones where I speak rubbish that weren't being added to my total :rolleyes:;)

TAZ
27-01-2013, 12:14 AM

Thanks for clarifying that for me :)

TAZ
27-01-2013, 12:17 AM

Having just posted that last comment, my post number just went up (my second post on this thread)??? :laughing:

chezzagriff
10-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Ooo Taz only one more post and your green. Whats gold membership? I thought there was just one membership where you pay £20 a month

jackie 7
10-02-2013, 11:46 PM
Ok can I add another 160 posts on a year? Will have to eork hard. Do rubbish posts count?

sali
17-02-2013, 11:08 PM
how much is this website for? i thought you get free advertising to this site when you first register?

pinky33
18-02-2013, 08:26 AM
I'm guessing if we all got it cheap just by posting here it wouldn't be a very good profit making excercise, that's why we have to have 300 posts.

vikiwizz
18-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Are there any special deals to upgrade to gold membership at the moment? As I know a while a ago it was half price?

chezzagriff
18-02-2013, 01:47 PM
No its full price at the mo. If you download the app you can do a week for £9.99

Sally69
22-02-2013, 12:04 PM
It's a shame there is no discount at the moment or I might be tempted to join to try it out :(

jillplum
24-02-2013, 12:28 PM
After a few weeks just reading and doing the odd post, I have found the agency and ratio debate has got me posting a lot more and now I feel am getting to know some of the members on here. My advice is just start chatting on subjects that catch your attention. It soon adds up.