PDA

View Full Version : Boys and the toilet

Lorna45
25-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Would it be wrong to put a sign up in the bathroom asking boys to lift the toilet seat when they stand to use the toilet ( blushing) I have 4 8/9 year old boys that just constantly wet all the seat and floor area in the bathroom, I have 2 DD that are finding it really awful using the toilet after any of the boys have been, I do try to always go up but sometimes I'm distracted. I have mentioned it but I think they forget. Sorry so long x

nipper
25-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Nope, I have done it too and I have also mentioned to parents as well. Not nice is it?

kimnolan87
25-01-2013, 11:47 AM
I have a similar problem here too - but mine are younger - 4 and 5.

I've had a few times when the 5 year old has been being a b**t all day, and then decides not to wee in the toilet but all over the floor and the side of my bath!!!! :angry:

Mum was told and 5 year old forced to clean it with rubber gloves and anti bac whilst mum supervised! She was horrified!!!

I always need to remind all the children to flush and wash their hands!!!! But I don't really want to put anything up in the bathroom, as it's our family one too - don't fancy having a relaxing bath with reminder posters up everywhere!!!!

Xxx

nipper
25-01-2013, 11:50 AM
[QUOTE=kimnolan87;1201923]Mum was told and 5 year old forced to clean it with rubber gloves and anti bac whilst mum supervised! She was horrified!!!Xxx[/QUOTE

Wow good for you!

Lorna45
25-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Thanks I have mentioned to one mum of the twin 9 year olds because its only since they start coming it has gotten so bad and she laughed and said you should see & smell my bathroom, ( sad face) so don't think I will get much support from her, might design a nice polite sign this weekend x

ChocolateChip
25-01-2013, 12:01 PM
I used to have a little notice up:
If you sprinkle while you tinkle
Be a sweet and wipe the seat
If what you've will not flush
Then please use the toilet brush!

Will go over the lo's heads but any adult visitors used to find it amusing :D

Trouble is, my own 12 yr old ds is by far the worst! :mad::blush:

dette
25-01-2013, 12:14 PM
my DH is worse than the kids !!! i hate it when i go for a wee in the night as i dont put the light on coz hate the bright glare and sit on a damp seat eeeeerrrrr yack

Lorna45
25-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Ha ha like the rhyme might pinch that thanks for making me smile and see the lighter side x

sarah707
25-01-2013, 02:02 PM
I ask them to sit down and push it down :laughing:

I check the loo after every visit and wipe the seat - it can get covered really quickly.

If they miss and it's on the floor or walls they are offered the rubber gloves and usually remember next time :D

blue bear
25-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Everyone lifts the seat after going so it's always up, I put a Cheerio in the toilet for aiming, it helps but doesn't stop the mess completely.

lizduncan72
25-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Think I might put a sign up too-for my family!!! DH and 2DS's are much worse than mindees

mrs robbie williams
25-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Everyone lifts the seat after going so it's always up, I put a Cheerio in the toilet for aiming, it helps but doesn't stop the mess completely.

fab idea :thumbsup: ive read about putting a small plastic ball for aiming but never have incase it covered in number 2 :panic::panic::panic::laughing::laughing:

my ds15 and ds8 are terrible aimers, although to be fair ds8 is usally away with the fairies chatting to himself or pulling faces in the mirror whilst weeing so its not suprise it goes everywhere :cool::cool:

hectors house
25-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks I have mentioned to one mum of the twin 9 year olds because its only since they start coming it has gotten so bad and she laughed and said you should see & smell my bathroom, ( sad face) so don't think I will get much support from her, might design a nice polite sign this weekend x

My sister in law has 3 boys and a husband and their downstairs loo smells so bad that I try to wait til I get home rather than use it. There isn't any need for it, hot water, bleach, anti bac, disinfectant on a daily basis would stop it smelling. I'm lucky that my husband grew up with 3 sisters so he is trained on lifting and putting down the seat!

Lorna45
25-01-2013, 04:24 PM
My DH has been trained by our 3 DD and myself to have good clean toilet habits, I have drawn a small smile face in the toilet at the back above the water line and told the boys they have to aim at it, they must have been to the toilet about 3 times each already, each time I've sneaked up after and toilet seat and floor are dry ( laughing) xx