PDA

View Full Version : so do i need girlie things??

Lisa-4boys
25-06-2008, 01:55 PM
Still waiting for someone 2 call me back for an induction:( but I've been thinking....

With only having boys I have unisex and boys toys/activities, so aswell as needing multicultural do i need to get 'girlie' toys??

TIA:)

Rubybubbles
25-06-2008, 01:57 PM
I stared childminding when I had my son, I bought pushchairs dolls, kitchen things and yes you will need them! I find the boys tend to play more with the girly stuff as they don't have it at home!

My son now 6 won't touch them :laughing:

sarah707
25-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Ofsted are very hot on not gender stereotyping ... so you will need toys like dolls, buggies, kitchens, dressing up etc for all children to play with, not just girls! :D

angeldelight
26-06-2008, 08:12 AM
You can pick up toys fairly cheap at car boots

Angel xx

Lisa-4boys
26-06-2008, 08:40 AM
THanks for answers:)

If i buy things with a receipt now is it too early to put through my books when i'm up and running or should i wait? or do i need these things for a pre reg visit?
I do have a kitchen & hoover just no dolls or prams or anything pink lol:laughing:

sarah707
26-06-2008, 09:18 AM

If i buy things with a receipt now is it too early to put through my books when i'm up and running or should i wait? or do i need these things for a pre reg visit?
I do have a kitchen & hoover just no dolls or prams or anything pink lol:laughing:

You can buy now and put in your accounts books ...

All your receipts will be offset against future earnings in this tax year :D

LisaH
28-06-2008, 05:26 PM
My kids are all boys too so i had to buy loads of girly stuff when i registered.

My sons didnt touch anything but the dolls for days!!!

miffy
28-06-2008, 06:03 PM

No gender stereotyping allowed on colour either!!!!!!

A child I was looking after was colouring a picture when I was inspected once - he said he it was "for mummy because girls like pink" - the inspector didn't like it at all - think she thought it came from me until one of the other boys there said "no, boys can wear pink too -I've got a pink t-shirt". So beware :D

miffy xx

Alibali
28-06-2008, 06:16 PM
I was watching some tv programme on c-beebies and it had coloured robot like things on it in all different colours. My mindee (not 2 till July) watched, blue one came up and he said thats a boy, then the green and he said thats a boy. Pink one came up and he said thats a girl!!! Now he didn't get that from me, but he does see my girl mindees dressed in pink and he doesn't wear pink! Kids aren't daft and they are going to notice things like this. I personally thought he was really clever!