PDA

View Full Version : Oh lord, we have developed separation anxiety overnight.

nipper
25-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Mindee aged 12 months seems to have gone away in between yesterday and today and come back with full blown anxiety separation.
Oh the whinging, not even a proper cry. If I so much as look at another child (I have two other littlies in today) oh my lord!
Mum said she had to carry her around whilst she was trying to cook tea last night, carrying hot saucepans in her other hand....that ain't happenin' here!

The 26 month old is going "shush, shush" so it must be getting on her nerves. Please can someone cheer me up because 5 o'clock seems such a long way away.:(

shortstuff
25-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Ooh i feel bad for you x. I have one starting with me who has seperation issues so im gonna find out just how tough it is but i have to say i sympathise x

eddie
25-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Poor you! The hours drag when it's like that!!

As it's so sudden do you think LO might be feeling a bit poorly?

nipper
25-01-2013, 10:28 AM
I shouldn't joke about it but they've just had their mid morning snack of fruit loaf and the only thing I could get her to be quiet with was cheerios out of the packet. The thing is, if she cries and I give her an alternative it's just going to encourage her isn't it and the same with mum?
The end of a 'fabulous' week.

...and breathe

nipper
25-01-2013, 10:36 AM
As it's so sudden do you think LO might be feeling a bit poorly?

We got home from the school run yesterday and she started this really loud crying as if she had a pain (she normally only whimpers when she cries), so I called mum who heard her over the phone and said she would come and get her. This morning mum said she had held her practically all night because she thought she had a pain in her tummy. There was a 'runny' nappy (not 'loose' she was v. quick to point out).

The thing is, mum will not be doing the child any favours (yes I know she's only tiny but even so...) and I can't carry her round constantly.

Any suggestions?

sarah707
25-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Awww bless it sounds like she is a bit poorly or sickening for something :(

Will she snuggle up and watch a bit of tv under a blanket? She might drop off for a bit.

Hugs to you too! xx