PDA

View Full Version : Cant stand it!

Banana
25-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Tale telling, tattling, whatever it is. It is driving me crazy.

I have had 3 solid days of it with Belle and Mindee and they both just do not give in!

He did this, she did that! Time out has been used more times than I dont know what. I am STRESSED!!!!!!!

What do you do? Please tell me its not just me. I can only describe my feelings as wanting to scream and run away. They just wont stop and I cant listen to it anymore. Im going to go mad!

Its been going on for weeks and weeks but these last 3 days have been horriffic!

I dont mind admitting im almost at breaking point. Its too much

HELP ME.... PLEASE!!!!

x

Annie_T
25-06-2008, 01:25 PM
oh hun not good

my 2 kids do this so know how you feeling.

i sat mine down and spoke to them that theri behaviour is not accepted and that telling tales on each other is wrong, play nicely or i take toys away (normally over a toy you see)
i cant sugest anything else sorry

Blaze
25-06-2008, 01:29 PM
When my sister & i went through a stage of this...we both got punished ie i told on her...we both got in trouble...she told on me ...we both got in trouble...soon stopped us!:D

sarah32
25-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Im having the same trouble with my two children, really bad, try to ignore them but they get worse.

Id be interested in what to do as well.

sarah707
25-06-2008, 02:13 PM
I just keep repeating 'I don't listen to tales' and walking away ... I usually find they get bored.

It gets to be a habit after a while though and it sort of becomes their way of involving you in their play.

You might be able to break it by sharing some turn taking games with them and praising the positive but if it's been going on for a while, it will take a while to stop as well.

Sending a hug xx

Monkey1
25-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Try the Magners babe....works for me!:D

Tatia
25-06-2008, 03:55 PM
I tell them that unless there's blood or broken bones involved, I'm not interested.:laughing:

My own DD has been dreadful today, high-pitched screaming and tattling on everyone in sight.:rolleyes: I'm sorry, Pip. Hopefully they'll get bored soon. It's enough tos end you round the bend!

Mollymop
25-06-2008, 06:22 PM
I dunno what to say about what to do about it as I have this everyday as well as you! It is usually my Caitlin who starts the ball rolling, telling on the others who in turn start telling on her.
It does drive you mad doesn't it?

angeldelight
25-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Oh I have a little boy that is like this he moans all the way home from school about what other children have done at school and how many times he has grassed them all up to the teacher

Then he comes back to mine and does the same about the children here - it seriously does my head in

I do the same as Sarah - tell him im not interested unless its something serious

I find it does work because hes not getting a response from me

Apart from that take monkeys advice and take the magners haha

Angel xx

avril
25-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Must have had something to do with the weather, I've had a 4yr old thinking she was in charge bossing everyone including me around, then telling tales, and a 2yr old and 16mnth old fighting over toys:angry: It didn't help the 16mnth old had just learnt the word mine so all I could hear was him shouting mine mine mine, lets hope he learns a new word very soon :laughing:

Oh well tomorrow is another day :D

Tily Bud
26-06-2008, 11:05 AM
I think i'd choose the magners :D

Banana
26-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Luckily today Isabelle is at school and only 1 mindee today who happens to be 1 hour into his 2 hour nap! Its bliss here at the mo:D

All hell will brake lose tomorrow again when the 2 year old arrives. They are hideous together just now!

Glad to hear its not just me loosing my sanity :laughing:

x