PDA

View Full Version : Getting frustraited.......

maryp0ppins
25-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Try and make it short,

Had lo now 2 yrs 9months since 8 months old..... Always had other lo's on his 3 days with me.
Lets just say lo is and has always been a bit of a rascal, but lately absolutely testing my patience. He doesn't listen to what ANYONE says to him, thrashes around, throws,hits, screams etc etc etc yesterday I put him on the 'time out' step at least 4 times & he kicked me & spat on me & was shouting I want to go home......(dealt with the situation & calmed him down) my 2 other lo's getting upset 1 is 21 months & 1 is 11 months.

I tell mum & she knows his behaviour is some what challenging (in her own words) but when I mentioned yesterday's events & any other for that matter my response is 'I think he gets jealous as he has to share his other mummy (me) with other kids........ Always had others whilst he's been with me?!?!?!?

Word is he is a handful at play group too!!

Help as I'm getting no where with parents!!!!!!

nipper
25-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Hi, does he have siblings or is he an only one?
I have a 3 yr old mindee who is exactly the same, but who comes with an extra feature...the power of speech and boy she can talk the hind legs off a donkey!
It is extremely wearing isn't it and actually starts to spoil your day with the other little ones.

Hopefully someone will be along soon with some better advice. Daft question though have you thought about giving notice?

ChocolateChip
25-01-2013, 12:13 PM
I don't mean to be patronising here (I'm sure you're doing a grand job!) but is he being challenged enough?
Just wondering if he is a bit frustrated and this is what is triggering these outbursts, as I've had a few that age who are so 'ready' for preschool! ;) Don't know your situation but if you started off with children of a similar age and now you have some who are younger perhaps he is missing someone his own age to play with. I had one a bit similar who was fine on days when I had others the same age but was a right pickle when I didn't.
I hope that doesn't offend you hun, just meant to be something to think about but may not be relevant to your situation at all. :)

Rick
25-01-2013, 12:18 PM
I do feel for you. The little boy acting this way makes thing more stressful for you and diverts your attention from other mindees. I have been very lucky with my current and first mindees since registering but know not all children are like that.
I hope you can get through to his parents and work out a solution :thumbsup:

jane5
25-01-2013, 12:30 PM
I have one like this too, nothing works with him but I think it's their age and all children are different and they tend to grow out of it.

I think all you can do is give lots of praise for good behaviour, ignore/discipline bad behaviour and take several deep breaths and count to ten.

Memina
25-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Omg don't get me started. Ive had this lo since she was 8 months old and although her mum was on maternity leave with baby number 2 she still continued to come to mine.

Now I have her and her sister and she is 2y3m and she is so challenging at the moment. Everything is a struggle and then I find myself having a full blown argument with her until I loose my patience saying because I said so!!!!!

ajc
25-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Hehe, seems like we've all got one like it. I have really struggled with mine the last couple of weeks. He has other child same age here, and older children after school but the behaviour is getting worse. He growls at me when he doesnt get hisown way, tells me to shut up,specially at singing time (that could be my singing tho)! Doing anything from leaving playgroup to putting shoes on is a constant battle because 'I dont want to do that' He shouts at the little one a lot and is generally really grumpy and it does get you down. I am just trying to persevere and ignore it and encouraging him to tell me if there is a problem rather than growl. It really is hard work tho and I can sympathise, x

maryp0ppins
25-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Chocolatechip that's fine, not patronising at all, all views & advise welcome. He attends preschool 2 days & with me 3, one of the days I have a mindee exactly the same age & he is still the same & was exactly the same when I had a lo just slightly older who left at Xmas due to her mummy being on maternity leave. He really used to push her about. I provide lots of activities, crafts, outdoor play, we visit other settings...... My other lo's that I have of the same age on his days & other day are all able to walk alongside pushchair & hold hand yet I still have to strap him I to a pushchair not just for his safety but my own & the other lo's.

An example of his ways, the Xmas party at preschool for the kiddies & his nan 'had' to attend with him where as all the others were left to party without adults!!!

nipper
25-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Mmmm we get the picture...

maryp0ppins
25-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Oh & he has an older brother who is almost 6, I've had him also since 8 months x