PDA

View Full Version : Shaving foam?

jadavi
24-01-2013, 10:44 PM
I'd like to try some Mark
Making with this.
Can anyone recommend a specific brand which is good? Any worries about children's skin reacting badly? Any tips in general?

Helen79
24-01-2013, 11:07 PM
We use the foamy soap that you can buy for kids, smells nicer when they've wiped it through their hair than men's shaving foam.

beerheaven
24-01-2013, 11:15 PM
I buy cheap as chips stuff! I've used value Tesco and Asda foam and haven't had any skin issues. All the kids love it! Enjoy! :)

freckleonear
24-01-2013, 11:22 PM
I've always used Tesco value.

jo.jo76
24-01-2013, 11:36 PM
I uses Morrison's or Tesco's own band for sensitive skin, never had any problems

Bananabrain
25-01-2013, 08:18 AM
I use Asda smart price and not had any probs. It's a great activity, children really love it.
It does make a humungous mess though. Put lots and lots of towels down or leave it for the garden in the warmer weather!

cuddlybunny38
25-01-2013, 08:23 AM
check the cans though, a lot say not suitable for children under 3, think in case they digest any, but the crazy soap which is the same is suitable for young children xx

Daisy De
25-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Great stuff.

We made a shaving foam polar bear recently, the kids thought it was great, parents thought it was great too but wondered if I needed professional help for having even thought of using it :laughing:

hectors house
25-01-2013, 09:20 AM
I tried Asda cheap one on Tuesday - I had 3 under 3 so brought in snow and chunks of ice and put on trays for the oldest one on a shower curtain - for the 20 month old and 13 month old I put shaving foam on trays - the 20 month old loves soap and washing his hands so he had great fun washing his hands with it and smearing it all over the cars, the 13 month old doesn't like getting hands dirty so wouldn't touch it so I gave him a spoon to stir it around with.

No-one seemed to have any skin problems after - it does make a mess, so advise using painting aprons (I didn't but will next time)!

RuthJ
25-01-2013, 09:26 AM
I used sensitive shaving foam for an activity last week. I hid Arctic animals in it. But only my son enjoyed it, the others freaked out when it went on their hands and one of them wouldn't even come into the dining room where I'd set it up :laughing:

Will have to try again another day.

FussyElmo
25-01-2013, 10:05 AM
I use squirty cream - then it doesnt matter if they eat it :D

eddie
25-01-2013, 10:33 AM
I use squirty cream - then it doesnt matter if they eat it :D

Be no use here - I would be face down in the tuff spot licking it :laughing:

I've used value range shaving foam before with great success although I did once buy one that was a bit highly perfumed - can't remember which brand it was but the kids went home smelly very strongly :o

Pixie dust
25-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Be no use here - I would be face down in the tuff spot licking it

:ROFL1::ROFL1::ROFL1:

Rick
25-01-2013, 12:24 PM
As mentioned above, I think the crazy soap product is safer for kids to use. I would worry about them eating it :thumbsup:

jillplum
25-01-2013, 02:47 PM
I use Tesco value and havent had any reactions and it makes your hands lovely amd soft :D I havent had anyone eat it. I think one lick would probably put them off

jadavi
26-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Right I've bought some.
Is there any special way you can recommend using it?
On your knee at the table or in a tray on the floor !

cathtee
26-01-2013, 04:35 PM
we had it in a tuff tray on the floor at childminders group and the lo's loved it, my lo started with hands then lent on elbows then she got
into it she was like bambi on ice, she loved it :)

TAZ
26-01-2013, 07:52 PM
we had it in a tuff tray on the floor at childminders group and the lo's loved it, my lo started with hands then lent on elbows then she got
into it she was like bambi on ice, she loved it :)

Sounds great, did you have lots of towels & changes of clothes on hand???:laughing::laughing:

cathtee
26-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Sounds great, did you have lots of towels & changes of clothes on hand???:laughing::laughing:

I did , always take change of clothes wherever I go, A always finds the messy play and usually have to change her, we did foot painting
once needless to say whe was down to her vest and absolutely covered head to toe in paint, she just loves getting messy :) luckily moms
ok with messy clothes if she's dirty she's had a good time:):)

Samcat
26-01-2013, 09:54 PM
I made puffy paint with shaving foam and white glue, coloured it brown and scented it with cinnamon and mixed spice and the children painted gingerbread men shapes with it, adding buttons for eyes. It felt and smelled lovely, but took forever (on the radiator) to dry out. They ended up being quite a dark brown and with the black button eyes my teen boys thought they were a bit creepy! Will have to make the brown lighter in future and maybe add some ribbon to make them look more cute!