PDA

View Full Version : First inspection help

Sophiopolous
24-01-2013, 07:51 PM
I had my first inspection today which went quite well but what failed me was that I was apparently meant to take a course before I even started child minding...Which when at my registration I was not told about. The only course I was told to take 'within three months' was the 'setting up your home based child minding business' course. I swear the inspector said something about a 'public sector training course'...Does anyone know what this is? or how I even begin to look for it? Or is she on about the 'setting up your own child minding business' course??
If anyone has any information about what course(s) I was meant to take before becoming a child minder can you please let me know? As apart from that she would've given me a better grade, and although it was not my fault that I was not told, they still had to downgrade me :(

I'm so infuriated that no one from ofsted or anywhere told me what I was meant to do, I wasn't even told to go to a 'briefing' with the council. Does anyone know how to do this?

Many thanks :( :(

sarah707
25-01-2013, 09:03 AM
You are unfortunately in a grey area :(

Since Sept 1st all childminders have to take a pre registration course BEFORE they can register.

If you registered before Sept 1st you didn't need to do it because the requirements gave you 6 months to get it done... however, if it hasn't been done then technically you are breaking the law because you are not meeting the requirements.

I suggest you chat urgently to your local people about available courses. Hugs x