PDA

View Full Version : HELP please new childminder

Jessymax
24-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Hi, I am going through the process of registering as c hildminder and thought i only need CRB 1st aid, and to go to a pre reg meeting before i call Ofsted.. have just panicked myself my reading about CYPOP5 training? and it being £190? Is this for everyone to do? says its 15month long.. i have been to college and did childcare learning and develpment level 3 and a level 3 nvq.. thanks

sarah707
25-01-2013, 09:04 AM
You must do a pre-registration course - normally through your LA - before you contact Ofsted.

You need to speak to your local training / support people and get advice.

Good luck with it all! :D

Rick
25-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Hi, I am going through the process of registering as c hildminder and thought i only need CRB 1st aid, and to go to a pre reg meeting before i call Ofsted.. have just panicked myself my reading about CYPOP5 training? and it being £190? Is this for everyone to do? says its 15month long.. i have been to college and did childcare learning and develpment level 3 and a level 3 nvq.. thanks

Your local authority Family Information Service will be able to help you. Your briefing session will outline everything you will have to do to get registered and what is contained in the Introduction to Childminding Practice course. Mine was 2.5 hours on a Tuesday evening, for 9 evenings. It was also subsidised by the LA so was only £30.
You will also need to do a 12 hour paediatric first aid course, health declaration form, CRB check (called DBS now I think), risk assessments, policies etc

Good luck :thumbsup: