PDA

View Full Version : I THINK MY FAMILY HAVE JUST FOUND OUT HOW HARD THIS JOB IS!!

silvermist
24-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Today I had 1x 9 mths, 1 x 17months and 1 x 19mths, followed with two schoolies aged 5 and 7 yrs. (Oh that sounds like Ive eaten them!)

Anyway, the 9 month old is starting in feb so came for the day today, well....I couldnt leave the room without her screaming her head off! Shes been before for the day but really wasnt having any of it today. I havent stopped all day and I am absolutely shattered. Dd and Dh came in and were like, " I dont know how you do it!" that was after about ten minutes! They were really surprised at just what is involved, keeping them all occupied, writing diaries, changing nappies, cooking tea for schoolies etc etc... Its metally and physically exhausting.

Thank goodness I have kept fridays as my day off(schoolies in but not til 3pm)

No need to reply really just pleased they finally realise what a hard job this is!

Rick
24-01-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm with you on the knackered front! 1x1yo, 1x2yo, 1x3yo, all day from 9 to 6. Tea time is the worst, already pretty knackered, have to keep an eye on LOs whilst trying to make tea. Older two jumping on settee, younger one climbing on everything. Have to try and change nappies whilst having a book thrust in my face asking to read (great but not the time!)
Anyway, feels like I've only just sat down for the first time today. My son is playing music loudly on the iPad, sung by a chinese children's choir, doing my head in but I haven't the energy to turn it down!

Good job I love this job! :D

cathtee
24-01-2013, 06:51 PM
I agree, they don't always realise what we do all day, my dh always used to say why don't you get yourself a proper job, but now he changed
jobs and comes in and out during the day and especially at lunch time he now understands just how hard our job is and even makes me
a cup of tea when he comes in.

As for your lo that is settling I had k start in oct and she cried every time i moved for 2 weeks now she soon settled and now is a lovely
happy child and so full of character.

I too have the same as you on fridays I certainly need it after a double buggy for 3 school runs a day this week, needless to say the wine
is out early this week:blush:

silvermist
24-01-2013, 07:01 PM
We do love the job which is why we do it but it is soooooooooo tiring. My arms ache, my back aches, blah blah blah. Gosh I sound a right old whinge bag and Im not like that really!

Thanks for telling me about your lo Cath, she is very sweet and Ive yet to meet a child I cant settle lol.

Im not really a big wine drinker so think its bath and early night for me tonight! :thumbsup:

JCrakers
24-01-2013, 07:01 PM
I'm shattered today :) had a busy week too with the school being closed on Monday and a new little one to settle yesterday.

Had 24m, 3yrs and 4yrs all day. 745-6pm. A 5yr old,7yr old, 2x8yr olds and 10yr old as well as my dd 10yrs.

Finished at 6pm, made tea for my family, sat down to eat it for 10mins and thought - right I need to go and sit in bed with the tv I'm knackered. Took one step upstairs, Dd pipes up....can you make me some hot chocolate?...DS (13) says, yeah ill have some too...

Eh, NO..IM GOING FOR A SIT DOWN!!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE.....lol :)

silvermist
24-01-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm shattered today :) had a busy week too with the school being closed on Monday and a new little one to settle yesterday.

Had 24m, 3yrs and 4yrs all day. 745-6pm. A 5yr old,7yr old, 2x8yr olds and 10yr old as well as my dd 10yrs.

Finished at 6pm, made tea for my family, sat down to eat it for 10mins and thought - right I need to go and sit in bed with the tv I'm knackered. Took one step upstairs, Dd pipes up....can you make me some hot chocolate?...DS (13) says, yeah ill have some too...

Eh, NO..IM GOING FOR A SIT DOWN!!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE.....lol :)

Lol, thats so typical! Crikey you have been very busy!!!!! How on earth are you still standing now!

I am literally going to bed at half eight! xx

SYLVIA
24-01-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm tired tonight too. I think it has been the extra strain with the snowy weather. Takes ages to get the 5 mindees ready for school run (2 at school) with so many clothes to put on. The buggy is a struggle to push up and down the hill although the school is only 3/4 of a mile away. We had to pop out to help a friend this evening who has just moved house, and I went to pull my boots on to go home and my arms just couldn't physically do it. Only got to do a double buggy run in the afternoon tomorrow but got 3 during the day. Not even got a lay in on saturday as I've got a training course all day. Oh well onwards and upwards!

Memina
24-01-2013, 11:30 PM
When my hubby worked in his previous job he'd leave before I started and come home once everything was cleared and he used to make comments like: what happened in loose women today? Grrrrr

He was made redundant and I registered him aa assistant and I've never seen someone hunt so hard for a job in my life!

Memina
24-01-2013, 11:56 PM
When my hubby worked in his previous job he'd leave before I started and come home once everything was cleared and he used to make comments like: what happened in loose women today? Grrrrr

He was made redundant and I registered him aa assistant and I've never seen someone hunt so hard for a job in my life!

silvermist
25-01-2013, 08:00 AM
Well I went to bed at 8.30 last night and slept right through til 6.30 this morning. Feel so much better today :thumbsup:

caz3007
25-01-2013, 09:32 AM
I have been really tired this week, only one LO and one after schoolie, but having been working extra hours to help out full timers mum and also my son has been ill, so I have been lying in bed listening to him cough and waiting for him to need me.

I am going out for a meal with friends tonight but we agreed to meet early as one is working at 5.30am so I am glad of that or would be asleep in my dinner

ChocolateChip
25-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Nice to hear your family has 'seen the light' lol!
So many people just assume I am sitting at home, drinking coffee, available to chat for three hours on the phone :rolleyes:
I would love some of them to have to do a day in cm shoes!

migimoo
25-01-2013, 12:54 PM

My DH insists that if we could afford it he'd quit his job and come and work as my assistant....well he had 3 days off a few weeks ago and spent most of the days looking stressed,moaning about the mess/noise/smell/watching Sky Sports or programmes like Gavin & Stacey/The Royles and being shocked when I turned it straight off as inappropriate, 'popping' out for hours at a time....PLEASE don't give up that day job honey!:thumbsup: