PDA

View Full Version : Parent interview (Portfolio/Parent Pack)

Belly2009
24-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Hi,

Just received a call from a prospective parent who is coming in the morning to have a chat about available childcare I have.

I keep meaning to update my portfolio and have seen excellent lists on what people include in them but of course now I am trying to find them I cant. Can anyone point me in the direction of the posts I've read recently. (Had a long list of what a childminder had included in hers)

Thanks in advance

sarah707
24-01-2013, 05:54 PM
I am sure I put some ideas in free resources - I am not on my comp so I can't look just now...

My parent pack has all the required info you must share with parents from the EYFS list plus bits and bobs I've found they like to look at over the years...

Hth :D

moggy
24-01-2013, 08:26 PM
In mine are:

Intro page about me and my family with background info about us and photos
all my policies
all my permissions
all my certificates
hours and fees details
providers' record (names/address of who lives here, any assistant and I add car details, insurance company etc)
info about my resources
a typical day
sample menu
'a month with xxx' which is photos/obs from a month with a mindee to show the typical stuff we do
fire evac plan
ofsted report
copy of our local county council safeguarding letter
leaflets from local activity groups/FIS/safety leaflets etc which may be of interest.

And separately I show a blank learning journal & daily diary

mushpea
24-01-2013, 08:32 PM
I found that most people read my 'all about me' section and my refernces then never got any further so now i email my parents my policys and a link to my website which has my ofsted report on and pictures in the blog section of our activities. I send them this before they visit so they can read through them then ask any questions.
I also offer parents another parents number (with permision) for a referee, out of all the visits I have had only one parent has ever rang the other parent and she is coming to sign contracts on Monday :)

Belly2009
24-01-2013, 09:53 PM
I found that most people read my 'all about me' section and my refernces then never got any further so now i email my parents my policys and a link to my website which has my ofsted report on and pictures in the blog section of our activities. I send them this before they visit so they can read through them then ask any questions.
I also offer parents another parents number (with permision) for a referee, out of all the visits I have had only one parent has ever rang the other parent and she is coming to sign contracts on Monday :)

I've already sent her my parents pack but I just feel like she might want to have a look through my portfolio too. Much of it is the same and my policies are all on email anyway (saves ink! which is what i dont have any of at the moment) Ill see how it goes without changing it and do it over the weekend as have had a couple more calls this evening.

Thanks for ur responses.