PDA

View Full Version : •Type 1 diabetes

Ellen
24-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Morning I have just signed a child with Type 1 diabetes. I am seeing his nurse later today. Do I need anything signing by her to say i have had the training by her? Do I have to fill in medical form every time he checks his blood? Or in his school home book. Child is new to area and to the school.
Thanks Ellen

Stapleton83
24-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Hi Ellen,

I also have a LO who has type 1 diabetes but only comes to me after school. If you are having training from his nurse you definitely want something signing, a copy of his care plan and potentially your own care plan agreed and signed by his parents. (Let me know I can always send you my format if you need it)

In terms of recording the blood sugar tests, I was told I should always record them and get parent/carer to sign each day, however, my LOs mum told me the previous nursery did not so I would take some advice from your DO. I have continued to record mine for my own piece of mind as much as anything.

I will say it is not as difficult as I thought it would be, so good luck.

Sam x

Ellen
24-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Thank you Sam nurse is sending me his care plan. I am having this child before and after school so school and myself are having a book to write things in and record his blood sugars etc in. If you would let me have a copy of what you use that would be a great help.
Thanks Ellen x