PDA

View Full Version : settling in sessions form

mushpea
24-01-2013, 10:48 AM
does anyone use a form to book settling in sessions? I am thinking of making a form but can't think what I need to put on it, I was thinking obvously dates, days times and putting a bit where I could put the total cost of the sessions and when it shoudl be paid by but is there anything else?

LauraS
24-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Do you really need I one? I'm a bit wary of throwing too many forms at parents as I think they just get fed up.

That said, my settling in sessions are free.

Can't.think of anything other than what you've mentioned apart from any terms you want to make clear, perhaps? Session not transferable or refundable or whatever etc?

Daisy De
24-01-2013, 11:40 AM
I don't charge for settling in sessions either as they are as much benefit to me as they are to the parent and child.

However, I imagine it depends how long you have them. Mine are a couple with mum for a coffee and a chat, then a short one when mum disappears for half an hour, then maybe an hour or so when mum leaves lo with me completely. I don't do ones any longer than that.

I do have a month "settling in" in the contract where either party can terminate without notice although thats never happened it does cover you both if things don't work out.

bunyip
24-01-2013, 11:44 AM
I'd just use my ad hoc booking forms. With me, it's paid for in advance or it doesn't happen. Start as you mean to go on, and allowing payment in arrears is a ticking time bomb.:p

Rick
24-01-2013, 07:29 PM
I don't charge for settling in sessions either as they are as much benefit to me as they are to the parent and child.

However, I imagine it depends how long you have them. Mine are a couple with mum for a coffee and a chat, then a short one when mum disappears for half an hour, then maybe an hour or so when mum leaves lo with me completely. I don't do ones any longer than that.

I do have a month "settling in" in the contract where either party can terminate without notice although thats never happened it does cover you both if things don't work out.

Similarly, my free sessions are up to 2 hours with parent in attendance and up to 2 hours on my own with child. It doesn't hurt to show a bit of willing. As you say, it is of benefit to me as well as parent. You would be very unlucky to get someone who is just trying to get a free 2 hours of childcare! :laughing: