PDA

View Full Version : Retainer fees for TTO

Stebbings
24-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Hi I'm new to childminding and was wondering if someone could give me advice on the following matter, I currently have all my under 5 spaces occupied but 1 of my children is term time only to which I have requested a retainer fee. I now have someone wanting holiday care only again under 5, am I right in saying I can't take a retainer fee and care for another child, any info would be much appreciated xx

Tunja
24-01-2013, 10:24 AM
I now have someone wanting holiday care only again under 5, am I right in saying I can't take a retainer fee and care for another child, any info would be much appreciated xx

It would be unprofessional to take a retainer for a place that would not be available for the term time only child. However, if you wish to take a deposit to hold the space over long holidays such as the summer to ensure they return then that would be appropriate.

Tunja

littlecheeks
24-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Hi I'm new to childminding and was wondering if someone could give me advice on the following matter, I currently have all my under 5 spaces occupied but 1 of my children is term time only to which I have requested a retainer fee. I now have someone wanting holiday care only again under 5, am I right in saying I can't take a retainer fee and care for another child, any info would be much appreciated xx

when you take a retainer its to hold that place, so you cant charge if you can offer that place to them should they ever need/want it (thats how i undertand it)
all my contracts are tto and i just charge a deposit which i hold until the end of a contract. that way i am not contracted to work school holidays but still have a deposit to hold.

FussyElmo
24-01-2013, 04:35 PM
No you cant charge a retainer and then fill it with another child.

What you could do is not charge the retainer and then replace the TTO with the holiday child :thumbsup: