PDA

View Full Version : A few questions...

sprinkles
22-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Just a few questions I thought I would put in one thread instead of loads of separate ones.

Those of you who have a fireplace but just an electric fire, do you still have a fire guard? I only ever put the lights on, no heat, but am wondering about the hearth?

Where do your mindees have a nap?

Do any of you have glass doors? My living room and kitchen doors are mainly glass but I'm not sure if it is safety glass?

Where can I get a First Aid kit and what do I need to have in it?

What information do I need in a parent pack?

What information do I need in my 'About Me'?

Bluebell
22-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Just a few questions I thought I would put in one thread instead of loads of separate ones.

Those of you who have a fireplace but just an electric fire, do you still have a fire guard? I only ever put the lights on, no heat, but am wondering about the hearth? (I don't have one)

Where do your mindees have a nap?

I have a cot upstairs but 2 do not like the cot and go in a pushchair laid flat in the hallway

Do any of you have glass doors?

My living room and kitchen doors are mainly glass but I'm not sure if it is safety glass? I have glass doors and they are safety ones because they have the writing in each pane - have a look on the edge to see if you can see it

Where can I get a First Aid kit and what do I need to have in it? when you went on your first aid course they should have given you a list of what is essential you can buy a ready made one from NCMA or just buy bits seperately.

What information do I need in a parent pack? This is what you want parents to know so could be anything from your experience and qualifications to what you intend to do each day. some information about your setting and planned activities and how it links to EYFS might be helpful too.

What information do I need in my 'About Me'? an 'all about me' form can be downloaded and is filled in by parents about the child - well thats what I use them for!!

sprinkles
22-01-2013, 09:42 PM
an 'all about me' form can be downloaded and is filled in by parents about the child - well thats what I use them for!!

Hi bluelion, I actually meant which information do I need about me, not the children.

TAZ
22-01-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't have a fireguard around the fire (not lit when children around), Younger children do not generally play in the room where the fire is, when they are in there they are closely supervised and taught not to go near.

I have travel cots for those needing naps which generally I put upstairs in the 2 bedrooms of my children (they're at school) but have also set one up in the playroom if a lo is not settling so well & I think they may disturb another lo. Yesterday I ended up with an extra lo due to snow so he had to bring his own travel cot & I set this up in my bedroom which is downstairs. Briefly I had all 3 lo's asleep at the same time!

MrsP2C
22-01-2013, 10:56 PM
I've just updated my parents pack which is a folder I offer prospective parents to flick through when they come & visit. It doesn't leave my house but I keep duplicates of essential bits like charges, sickness & holidays etc to hand out. In mine is:

A bit about me - my family, home, pets, what we do, places we visit etc
A typical day
Yearly plan (topics for each month & birthdays/festivals we might follow)
monthly plan for current month (breakdown of activities by EYFS areas of learning)
Weekly timetable - showing the toddler groups, library sessions, music classes I sometimes attend (parents quite like this for ideas themselves )
Permission form
Policies & procedures
Food & drink inc sample weekly menu
Fees & charges
Sickness & holiday
Blank sample of child's folder (obs form, baseline & termly assessment, all about me, LJ cover etc basically gives them an idea of what paperwork I do on-going for each child)
Copy of NCMA contract
Ofsted parent poster
1 page Parents guide to EYFS areas of learning with very brief description of each
Ofsted reg certificate
Car insurance doc
1st aid certificate
Food hygenie report & certificate
Safeguarding certificate