PDA

View Full Version : New certificates and variations

balijay
22-01-2013, 09:17 PM
My new registration certificate has arrived now with all my old conditions removed. I already had 3 separate variations in place - should I have filled in a risk assessment etc for these existing variations or is it just for any new variations that come up?

Thanks everyone

TAZ
22-01-2013, 09:39 PM
When I had previous variations from Ofsted I had to write to them explaining how I was going to meet these children's needs. Did you have to do that too? I wouldn't think you would need to repeat this if already done. If you havn't done this previously then it would probably be a good idea to have it in writing although a lot of your normal risk assessments (transporting children in car, trips to the park) probably cover most of this anyway.

miffy
22-01-2013, 10:57 PM
My new registration certificate has arrived now with all my old conditions removed. I already had 3 separate variations in place - should I have filled in a risk assessment etc for these existing variations or is it just for any new variations that come up?

Thanks everyone

Did you keep a copy of the variation form you submitted to Ofsted? I have just filed this with the certificate in case there is any query.

Miffy xx