PDA

View Full Version : Hello - name help

sprinkles
22-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for ages as had to put my childminding on hold due to moving house. All set to go now, just waiting for my fire assessment then ready for my pre reg visit!!

I need some ideas on a name though. I don't want to be just K***'s Childcare, I'd like a name like Tiny Tots or something that doesn't have my name in. I can't think of anything decent though - does anyone have any ideas?

loocyloo
22-01-2013, 09:21 PM
i always liked the sound of 'little treasures' ... with a bit of a pirate theme going on :D

'little explorers' ( although i think some one on the forum is called that? ... i've always liked it :D )

'handprints' don't know where that came from ... just occured to me!

what about maybe linking it to the name of your road or area? i was going to live in a house called 'Eastfield' ( but it all fell through ) and i was going to call myself 'Eastfield childcare' or just 'Eastfield'. my current batch of mindees just shout 'loocyloo's house' whenever we ( or they! ) get near my house, so maybe just call yourself 'name's house'. doh! just read that you didn't want to use your name. how about 'playhouse' ?

sprinkles
22-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Hi loocyloo, thanks for the suggestions! It's hard trying to think of something, not sure where you stand with copyright etc if someone else has the same name as you....?!

loocyloo
22-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi loocyloo, thanks for the suggestions! It's hard trying to think of something, not sure where you stand with copyright etc if someone else has the same name as you....?!

i don't think you can copyright the name of your business as such, unless its linked to a childrens character/tv etc ( i'm probably wrong though! ) i would do an internet search of names i liked, linked to childminder/childcare etc and see if any turn up in the local area. if the closest person is a fair way away, its unlikely to cause any problems. good luck x

edited to say, i meant to say earlier, i really like your user name on here ... think that would be a cool name! :D

sprinkles
22-01-2013, 09:53 PM
i don't think you can copyright the name of your business as such, unless its linked to a childrens character/tv etc ( i'm probably wrong though! ) i would do an internet search of names i liked, linked to childminder/childcare etc and see if any turn up in the local area. if the closest person is a fair way away, its unlikely to cause any problems. good luck x

edited to say, i meant to say earlier, i really like your user name on here ... think that would be a cool name! :D

That's good to know! I quite like Bright Beginnings and there's no one local to me with that name when I google it.

sineadquinn
22-01-2013, 10:16 PM
I don't have a t suggestions but think bright beginnings is a fab name :-)

sprinkles
26-01-2013, 10:17 PM
So I've thought of another name I like - Precious Dreams - it links in with mine and OH's surnames. Can't decide if it's a bit too 'cute' though. Other ideas were Precious Tots and Precious Little People.

RuthJ
27-01-2013, 08:11 AM
Bright beginnings is a great name!

What about 'Little Acorns' or 'Little stars' ?

I'm not keen on using the word 'precious' but that's just my personal opinion.

Hope you think of something soon :)

sprinkles
27-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Bright beginnings is a great name!

What about 'Little Acorns' or 'Little stars' ?

I'm not keen on using the word 'precious' but that's just my personal opinion.

Hope you think of something soon :)

I see where you're coming from with the precious thing.

I do like Little Acorns. I was also thinking Little Monkeys as we have a large monkey puzzle tree in our garden but think it's a bit cliche for a child related business.

I am liking Bright Beginnings though, I'm just not sure what to have as my logo. Possibly a fun sun?

RuthJ
27-01-2013, 01:03 PM
I see where you're coming from with the precious thing.

I do like Little Acorns. I was also thinking Little Monkeys as we have a large monkey puzzle tree in our garden but think it's a bit cliche for a child related business.

I am liking Bright Beginnings though, I'm just not sure what to have as my logo. Possibly a fun sun?

What about a sunshine and the the rays can be made of handprints in bright colours.

Or footprints in a row (like they're walking) in bright colours.

sprinkles
27-01-2013, 01:16 PM
What about a sunshine and the the rays can be made of handprints in bright colours.

Or footprints in a row (like they're walking) in bright colours.

Oh I like those ideas!! I need to find someone to design one for me though as I'm not arty at all. Was thinking maybe someone on eBay?

RuthJ
27-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Oh I like those ideas!! I need to find someone to design one for me though as I'm not arty at all. Was thinking maybe someone on eBay?

Could you design them yourself? Borrow a child to do it for you?! You could photograph the image yourself and save it as your logo. Not sure how you'd get your name on there as well but you can download some nice fonts.

sprinkles
27-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Could you design them yourself? Borrow a child to do it for you?! You could photograph the image yourself and save it as your logo. Not sure how you'd get your name on there as well but you can download some nice fonts.

Hmm, not sure. I'm thinking just colourful handprints in a circle with 'Bright Beginnings Childcre' written in the middle but can't seem to find a picture without writing through the middle of it :rolleyes:

sprinkles
27-01-2013, 09:08 PM
What do you think of the attached logo? Only decent thing I could find on vista print.

RuthJ
27-01-2013, 11:08 PM
What do you think of the attached logo? Only decent thing I could find on vista print.

I like the paint splodge! I've just googled 'design a logo' and there's quite a few websites that do them - not sure of the prices though.

mrs coops
28-01-2013, 07:44 AM
I've caled mine little monkeys but I was toying with calling it caring hands x

lynncjt
28-01-2013, 12:11 PM
There is a nursery in Peterhead called Bright Beginnings, if you google that you can see what they used as a logo.

Have you checked that no local nurseries are using that name?

melco
28-01-2013, 12:34 PM
i always liked the sound of 'little treasures' ... with a bit of a pirate theme going on :D

'little explorers' ( although i think some one on the forum is called that? ... i've always liked it :D )

what about maybe linking it to the name of your road or area? i was going to live in a house called 'Eastfield' ( but it all fell through ) and i was going to call myself 'Eastfield childcare' or just 'Eastfield'. my current batch of mindees just shout 'loocyloo's house' whenever we ( or they! ) get near my house, so maybe just call yourself 'name's house'. doh! just read that you didn't want to use your name. how about 'playhouse' ?

I did the same regarding road as I live on the corner of Dell Rd so I called myself Dell Corner Childminding!!

sprinkles
28-01-2013, 12:46 PM
There is a nursery in Peterhead called Bright Beginnings, if you google that you can see what they used as a logo.

Have you checked that no local nurseries are using that name?

I've googled it and it was nurseries/childcare down south that came up with only a couple in Scotland, all at least an hours drive from me. There are none in this town with that name and none in nearby towns that I know of.

It's the only name I could think of and liked, it's so hard :(

Chatterbox Childcare
12-04-2013, 05:07 PM
So I've thought of another name I like - Precious Dreams - it links in with mine and OH's surnames. Can't decide if it's a bit too 'cute' though. Other ideas were Precious Tots and Precious Little People.

I like Precious Little People as you can do alot with PLP and pictures for a logo but do you only have little ones?

phoenix2010
12-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Bright Stars

make sure it rolls off the tongue easily and is easy to remember

somthing too long will just get forgotten

whats your town /village name , street name , could you use any of those in it

mama2three
12-04-2013, 05:43 PM

My business name is 'little explorers' , I chose it because its what we are all about , usually out exploring in the forest nearby!
our village nursery is called bright beginnings too!

I think it helps to have something specific to you - your area name or a unique selling point for example.

sprinkles
12-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Thanks but this thread was started back in January......

Jelly Baby
13-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for ages as had to put my childminding on hold due to moving house. All set to go now, just waiting for my fire assessment then ready for my pre reg visit!!

I need some ideas on a name though. I don't want to be just K***'s Childcare, I'd like a name like Tiny Tots or something that doesn't have my name in. I can't think of anything decent though - does anyone have any ideas?

I'm Tiny Tots!! just go by the area your in so you dont duplicate x

thills
13-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Jelly baby, I am tiny tots too :)