PDA

View Full Version : what would you do?

jaja
25-06-2008, 10:57 AM
i have a lady coming to see me on thursday with a baby and we have just got a puppy and i forgot to tell her... puppy is only allowed in kitchen and the garden at the mo due to toilet training so wouldnt be where the child is, what do you tell the parents about dogs? do you tell them on the phone? or in person? and would it put them off? i carnt afford to lose this new parent either, help any advice please xxxx

Jinx
25-06-2008, 11:18 AM
I've found that if a parent doesn't want to place their child where there is a dog, they will usually ask if you have one when they first phone. If she didn't ask then I would just let her come on Thursday as arranged.

Make sure you have your pet policy ready to show her and keep upbeat and positive about the puppy.

If the puppy puts her off then there is nothing you can really do about it. I've not had anyone come and meet my dog and then not sign up, but I have had a few ring and ask if I have dogs and then take it no further.

I hope it goes well tomorrow.

Jinx x

katickles
25-06-2008, 11:22 AM
If you are worried - you could always give her a quick call just to let her know - if she doesn't want baby wheres theres a dog then it will save you having the meeting if its going to be a waste of time.

Personally - I would check first when making enquiries if i had a problem with dogs, so hopefully she'll not mind.

Good luck :)

miffy
25-06-2008, 11:25 AM
I agree with Jinx - don't think you should ring her and tell her just let her come and then explain. Hopefully she'll just fall in love with the puppy and it won't bother her.

Have a look at the Bromley site for a pet policy if you haven't already done one, then you can show how professional you're being about it.

I'm really pleased that you've got this enquiry considering what you've put up from other minders and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed she chooses you.

miffy xx

jaja
25-06-2008, 11:58 AM
thankyou, ive got my fingers and legs crossed...

Its the second person to ring this week needing care for under 1 for i can only help one unless ofsted agree for a vairation for a month until one turns one, dont know if they would, cause i would have my lo whos 3 (3 on monday, my baby growing up) then a 11month old and a 4 month old. do you think they would???

xx

miffy
25-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Are both the new under ones coming on the same days and times (assuming you get them both).

I would definitely ask Ofsted for permission as it's for such a short length of time and if they said no I'd ask mum if she has any family who could help her out for those few weeks.

Two small babies = very hard work though so be sure you want it before you do anything.

miffy xx

jaja
25-06-2008, 06:03 PM
hi miffy, i only know the hours for one but the other is letting me know but it will be three days so at least one day a week it will be both babies and my own lo, my lo goes to playschool three mornings a week too, problem is in my area i carnt afford to turn any work away and i only have one mindee after school one day a week at the mo so i wouldnt be a problem cause baby one goes home at 2 and school pick up isnt until 3 ifswim. plus i wouldnt take anymore on...

update on vc problem, went passed her house today and she was having coffee with the so called friend minder, it kind of proved that she was running from one to another and **** stirring... yet shes lost a very good friend in the process..

ta xxxx

disney
25-06-2008, 06:38 PM
i usualy tell them on the phone that i have a dog and they always say what breed is it when i say hes a silly king charles they say oh thats ok :) i did once forget to say i had a dog and im afraid mum would not come in & said her dd was terrified of dogs . if it was me i would call her and say sorry but i forgot to mention that i have a dog just incase as some are allergic .

by the way what breed is your puppy ? good luck x

angeldelight
25-06-2008, 06:41 PM
I agree with everyone else but ..........

I have never told anyone on the phone that I have a dog

I like them to judge me and see for themselves when they visit my home that everything is ok
I dont want to put them off by just the mention of it so I dont

I have had children that have been petrified of dogs but its never stopped a parent letting me have their child

Good luck hope you get the job

Angel xx

jaja
26-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi, update, the lady rand and said she carnt make today but could we met another day, so now they are coming on saturday at 11, so fingers crossed for that instead xxx

katickles
26-06-2008, 12:12 PM
oh!! Well good luck for Saturday instead then :)