PDA

View Full Version : buggy that likes the snow

SYLVIA
22-01-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm sure this has been asked so many times before, but has anybody got a double or single buggy that goes well in this snow. I am fed up with asking others to do my school runs because i can't get my car out and the buggy I have is useless

Rick
22-01-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm sure this has been asked so many times before, but has anybody got a double or single buggy that goes well in this snow. I am fed up with asking others to do my school runs because i can't get my car out and the buggy I have is useless

Wish someone made one with caterpillar tracks! :laughing:

SYLVIA
22-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Wish someone made one with caterpillar tracks! :laughing:

OMG! Let's invent one. We need something that can attach and detach like the snow socks for cars. I'll get my DP on to it he's good at things like that. It will take him about 5 years to come up with it though

Rick
22-01-2013, 08:08 PM
OMG! Let's invent one. We need something that can attach and detach like the snow socks for cars. I'll get my DP on to it he's good at things like that. It will take him about 5 years to come up with it though

I said it first so I get the patent! :laughing::laughing:

SYLVIA
22-01-2013, 08:09 PM
That's fine by me as long as I get a buggy that goes in the snow!

dette
22-01-2013, 08:10 PM
we need a santa style sleigh ..and we pull it along wearing a harness :)

blue bear
22-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Nipper 360 has been ploughing through no trouble, been using it with only one child as its so sturdy for me to hold onto.

helena_j
22-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Phil and teds has glided through snow/ice like a dream still best buggy I have had.

loocyloo
22-01-2013, 09:14 PM
my maxi cosi speedi ( like the quinny speedi ) is going great :D i do need to lock the front wheel though ... its no good on swivel!

littletreasures
22-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Nipper 360 single mode here for me too.

I've been walking the dogs and pushchair (plus baby) round to the park and the snow is about 4" there. No problem getting through it.

muffins
22-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Anything with big air tyres & pref only 3 wheels goes well on snow, mud, stones & sand!:thumbsup:

singlewiththree
22-01-2013, 09:39 PM
My phil and Teds has been fantastic with the snow, double seat on and a sledge attached :-)

mushpea
22-01-2013, 09:45 PM
love my urban detours, both the single and the double have got thorugh snow with no problems , not been to thick this year but has been previous years and they were great.

mrs robbie williams
23-01-2013, 07:07 AM

its slush here now more than anything but the woods where we take the dog is still full of snow so yesterday i pulled lo who is 2 round on the sledge, she thought it was hilarious, much easier than waiting in the freezing cold for her to inspect every leaf/snowflake/footprint (bless her i really dont mind but it can take us so long when she walks and its so cold) but it was a doddle pulling the sledge :thumbsup::thumbsup: got 2 of them today so may stick them both on :D

Carol-Ann Woods
23-01-2013, 08:03 AM
I saw a pushchair on sale on FB months ago which had ski's that you can add for the snow, sounded great, can't remember the name of it..

I've just ordered a baby/toddler sledge which has a 3 point harness which will be great for the 2 babies I have on separate days...x

watgem
23-01-2013, 09:08 AM
need some huskies and a sled lol or some reindeers:)

nipper
23-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Mountain buggy (prefer two wheels at the front) and labradoodle here. I did think about some sort of sledge tracks that could be added to the front.:idea:

lilac_dragon
23-01-2013, 09:42 AM
I saw a pushchair on sale on FB months ago which had ski's that you can add for the snow, sounded great, can't remember the name of it..

I've just ordered a baby/toddler sledge which has a 3 point harness which will be great for the 2 babies I have on separate days...x

I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!
who's it by please?

When my own middle two children were 4 and 2 I used to strap a plastic toy box to the sledge with bungees and put them in with their walking reins on and the straps looped out of the sledge, under it and then back up fill it up with blankets to keep them warm and then take my older son the 1 mile walk to school!

Think that Ofsted might have 40 fits if I did that with minded children!

bunyip
23-01-2013, 10:04 AM
My T3 Jogger has coped OK, probably cos it has quite large wheels. The under-slung storage basket is just beginning to catch on some of the deeper patches of snow, but I can detach it if I need more clearance.

I took my sled in to collect one of my schoolies after the buggy-rider had gone home. It's an old-fashioned wooden sled: so much better than the plastic trays that fill up with snow as you go along.

The best solution I saw was a parent who had secured a child's car seat to a similar sled. It worked perfectly and the lo was safe and happy. :)
I expect the lawyers/insurers would say we'd not be allowed to do that as it's not what the car seat was designed for. :(

~Grasshopper~
23-01-2013, 10:07 AM
my p&t sport has been fab and its kept me standing up a few times lol

x

watgem
23-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Hi Carol-Ann where did you order the sled with harness on please?

nipper
23-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Check this out

Baby Luge Sledge, EDA Baby Plastic Sledge A first sleigh (http://www.sledges.co.uk/baby-sledges-and-baby-skis/50-baby-luge-by-eda-sledge-for-your-baby-3086960202446.html)

By the way, it's raining at the weekend!

clareelizabeth1
23-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Go on eBay and type in

Snow wooden SLEDGE with Backrest and Footmuff from Baby Merc

I will solve all your problems

nipper
23-01-2013, 12:00 PM
That's obscene!!!:laughing:

nipper
23-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Now this is more in my price range...not

Fjellpulken child pulk (http://www.sledges.co.uk/fjellpulken-touring-pulks/101-fjellpulken-child-pulk-double-seat.html)

Ripeberry
23-01-2013, 12:09 PM
They do! They do exists!

Safe Start Stroller Skis for all weather/terrain strolling » Coolest Gadgets (http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20070708/safe-start-stroller-skis-for-all-weatherterrain-strolling/)

Just the kind of thing..Ahem, that I would have tried to make :rolleyes:

Carol-Ann Woods
23-01-2013, 12:17 PM
I saw that merc one too but couldn't justify the cost, as i need to use my car for the nirsery runs...I got mine from EBay, and made and offer, got it for £16 plus p & p from Poland...

Red safe sledge for babies with rubber seat padding and safety belts | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-safe-sledge-for-babies-with-rubber-seat-padding-and-safety-belts-/261009362654?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Outdoor_Toys_ET&hash=item3cc55ecede)

charleyfarley
23-01-2013, 12:18 PM
They do! They do exists!

Safe Start Stroller Skis for all weather/terrain strolling » Coolest Gadgets (http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20070708/safe-start-stroller-skis-for-all-weatherterrain-strolling/)

Just the kind of thing..Ahem, that I would have tried to make :rolleyes:

OML I was just saying someone needs to invent something like this and there it is :thumbsup:

Carol xx

nipper
23-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Fjellpulken child pulk (http://www.sledges.co.uk/fjellpulken-touring-pulks/101-fjellpulken-child-pulk-double-seat.html)

We need to save up for one of these

Not sure whether Ofsted would agree with 'gliding over frozen lakes'.
:laughing:

mama2three
23-01-2013, 01:27 PM
I got my baby sledge from decathlon - BABY SLEDGE 12 DAVID - Sledges Ski, Snowboard - On sale at Decathlon.co.uk (http://www.decathlon.co.uk/baby-sledge-12-id_8226675.html) . The last few days we have done schoolruns with the larger sledge , both 2 yr olds fit on that one - Its uphill all the way there but ill have arm muscles like never before! Bingo wings wave bye bye!!

busybee_mummy
23-01-2013, 02:07 PM
I've a microlite and its been great on the snow , also fab in the sand!

jillplum
23-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I have a toddler sledge but do not think it would be able to get over the mounds od snow at the side of roads etc. Also, the path within the school grounds has been gritted so I would then have to carry 1 year old while trying to hold hands with 2 year old and look after 3 year old and schoolies hmmmm, not enough arms methinks. My son is going to help me do school and nursery runs tommorow.