PDA

View Full Version : routine posters

little kingdom
22-01-2013, 07:44 PM
just a question really do people have routine posters on show?
Had a lady come round to help me with lj and made a suggestion that perhaps routine posters up on the wall might help
with me little one.
Just wondering if i should put one up i like the idea but not sure what to put on would you put bye mum then go from there??

macherie
23-01-2013, 12:30 AM
My dd has apergers and I have found routine cards a great help. Made the mistake of putting times on the cards then realised if we didn't stick rigidly to the times she would get upset. Have now made out pictures of daily activities eg get dressed, have breakfast, go to playgroup, playtime, art etc. I laminated the cards and I stick them on the wall with blue tac. The advantage being if we need to change her routine I simply swap the cards around and she's fine about it.

Not sure I would put 'bye mum', might be better to start with 'arrive at xxxx', 'hang coat up' etc

nikkiv
23-01-2013, 10:25 AM
We are in the process of making a timetable washing line! Going to have pictures of the activities on small clothing items and hang them on the washing line we're making! ( a piece of string on the wall!!!) just out of little hands reach ;)