PDA

View Full Version : ouch!!! not looking forward to tomorrow

cathtee
22-01-2013, 07:13 PM
How are all you lovley ladies and gents feeling after pushing buggies in this horrible weather?

I had to push a double buggy for 3 school visits today, big chunks of ice where people had cleared their drives and left it piled at the sidethat you can't see
and nearly ended up going over the top a few times and now I'm feeling very broken all over, not looking forward to the morning I'm
thinking I am going to hurt from the chest up :(

Next will be the slush where the wheels don't go through it, I love my job can't you tell:laughing:

Carol
22-01-2013, 07:16 PM
I've got the pushchair run tomorrow with the buggypod..........oooooo that will be fun going down the hill I have to!!!!
Think I might end up using the road at least I will avoid the excess snow on pavements!!!
Wish the snow would just go now!!!!!
Have a nice day tomorrow Cath xx

Carol x

LauraS
22-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Me too Cath. Don't know what was worse, the bits where I couldn't shoehorn the buggy wheels through the snow or the bits where I was sliding down the hills on the ice grimly hanging on!

blue bear
22-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Just started thawing here and it's started again :(

Tazmin68
22-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Hi
Where are you blue bear. We are supposed to have light snow during the night
Birmingham

cathtee
22-01-2013, 07:27 PM
I've got the pushchair run tomorrow with the buggypod..........oooooo that will be fun going down the hill I have to!!!!
Think I might end up using the road at least I will avoid the excess snow on pavements!!!
Wish the snow would just go now!!!!!
Have a nice day tomorrow Cath xx

Carol x

just watch where there is a good clear bit it looked easy to walk but unless you tilted buggy back when I got back to the snow
it just stopped dead, funny thing was
baby K fell asleep with all the jolting and bumps.

I've had enough now wish it would go away:(

sarah707
22-01-2013, 07:42 PM
I am finding it easier with the big buggy wheels on my double than pushing the single at the moment :laughing:

I am so frightened of falling :(

Take care everyone! xx

watgem
22-01-2013, 07:50 PM
am really worried tbh its blizzard conditions here on top of partially thawed snow and ice, and we're a mile from school, its that wet cold and mushy snow too, have just spoken to a mum and we are going to see what happens overnight-good luck everyone

Rick
22-01-2013, 07:56 PM
How are all you lovley ladies and gents feeling after pushing buggies in this horrible weather?

I had to push a double buggy for 3 school visits today, big chunks of ice where people had cleared their drives and left it piled at the sidethat you can't see
and nearly ended up going over the top a few times and now I'm feeling very broken all over, not looking forward to the morning I'm
thinking I am going to hurt from the chest up :(
Next will be the slush where the wheels don't go through it, I love my job can't you tell:laughing:

Yep. Had to hold 3 year old mindee's hand while pushing the double buggy along sheet ice with one hand and my stomach!

Such fun.......as Miranda would say :laughing::laughing:

RuthJ
22-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Oh, you poor things:(

I only had to push a single from the car to the school gate and that was bad enough so I'll be thinking of you guys tomorrow! I'm aching from having to dig the car out of our driveway this morning and can hear the Radox calling me......

Hope everyone stays safe tomorrow x

samb
22-01-2013, 08:39 PM
My bingo wings are aching along with my wrists ouchy!!! :-(

silvermist
22-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Oh bless you Cath. Hope youre not too sore tomorrow xxx

jellyelly
22-01-2013, 08:58 PM
I've had enough now too, have managed to make arrangements with parents so far so I've been able to use the car but tomorrow I've got double pushchair plus a just 2 year old walker who sometimes prefers the buggy board and two school boys!! Eek good luck everyone xx

Ripeberry
22-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Someone needs to invent buggy skis :D

teacake2
23-01-2013, 11:10 AM
I don't have to do a school run at all now, I stopped doing them some time ago, so I really hope you are all okay going out in the bad weather. It is just starting to snow again here near Burton on Trent, very large flakes so looks like we are in for some more, roll on the weekend when it is supposed to be getting warmer.
In one way it is good that DH is still off work after his spell in hospital so I haven't got to worry about clearing the drive of the snow so that he can walk, because of problems he has had all of his life, he has to use either walking sticks or walking frame to get around, so I am hoping that the snow has gone before he does go back to work.
Teacake2

JCrakers
23-01-2013, 11:20 AM
My double nipper went through it like a dream. :)

Two years ago I had bought a cheap double buggy and after battling through the snow having to push it really hard, the wheel broke off it ...eek.
I was stuck with two small children 10mins walk away from home, luckily someone came to the rescue and bought a spare one.
:) hope your feeling less stiff today