PDA

View Full Version : Parking is it an issue ?

Marshmallow
22-01-2013, 06:14 PM
:panic: Do you have neighbours that have an issue with people parking outside the house to collect their child ?
Its driving me bonkers :censored: I ask my parents to park courteously,what more can I do ?:blush:
I actually feel guilty, I try to hide inside until they have left :phew: Thats not normal, is it ?

blue bear
22-01-2013, 06:23 PM
I tell my parents not to park outside the neighbours houses as it irritate them, they either park outside mine or across the road.(no houses there)

Rick
22-01-2013, 06:24 PM
:panic: Do you have neighbours that have an issue with people parking outside the house to collect their child ?
Its driving me bonkers :censored: I ask my parents to park courteously,what more can I do ?:blush:
I actually feel guilty, I try to hide inside until they have left :phew: Thats not normal, is it ?

One of my mindee's mum always parks in front of the neighbour's driveway. A couple of times he's wanted to get out and the mum's still gassing in my hallway! I think she thinks she just has to knock on the door and I hand over the children. I get them as ready as possible but they don't want to be sat in my lounge in big coats waiting for mum!

samb
22-01-2013, 06:31 PM
We have a car park so you would have thought we didn't have issues BUT I have had parents stop in my neighbours disabled bay before or even just randomly stopping in the middle of the car park! I don't understand why they can't park in an unmarked space as it is very rare that there are none left. I do ask them to park considerately. My other issue is parents collecting with buggies that just leave them in the way while they come into mine. I am in an upstairs flat so need to have the communal hallway clear and safe. They just don't think.

vickylou
22-01-2013, 06:58 PM
I have one to beat all! My next door neighbour doesn't believe childminding is a proper job! And he hates everything about it, we live on an old fashioned street with semis that have very small front gardens, we've had ours flagged and the kerb dropped to create parking, next door haven't (apparently is an eyesore) but he constantly moans about not being able to park on the road outside his house! Anyway my parents park outside my house either on the drive or the road directly outside, but he uses the pavement outside my house as a run up to park his car straight outside his own!

If I have a parent outside MY house and he wants to park outside his he sits there revving his car at them!! My other neighbour once shunted a car parked outside my house with a 3yr old and a 9 month baby inside it! He moved it back about a foot as they couldn't get 2 cars parked outside his house on the road!! Some people are just unbelievable.

We took advice and apparently in our case where parking is on the road anybody can park outside your house. If you have a drive and somebody blocks you in then you can complain and if need be have the car removed. Should drive home and cannot get on your drive because somebody has parked across it you apparently have no legal standing! And that's just bad manners!!! Found this out when I once had to contact the police as had a car parked over our drive for an afternoon and we couldn't get the car out.

Courtesy goes a long way and if a parent is constantly blocking people in that's sheer ignorance & bad manners!

watgem
22-01-2013, 07:54 PM
apparently we do but my lovely parents didn't want to cause me any anxiety so didn't tell me about one neighbour's nastiness, but her LO told me:(when I mentioned it the mum said she told him to take a chill pill lol