PDA

View Full Version : CYPOP 5 Task 8

TehTeh
22-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Hi,
This is my first post on here - just found the website when looking for info on CYPOP5 Task 8. Can anyone help?
I am totally confused by the following question:
Complete the table provided (Task 8 – Signs and Symptoms Template) describing the following possible:
o Signs
o Symptoms
o Indicators
o Behaviours

So next to physical abuse I have to add the signs, symptoms, indicators and behaviours. What is the difference between the four? As far as I can see they are interlinked!

Any ideas much appreciated as I've been staring at this for hours now and still have a blank template. :angry:

Thanks in advance

Goldilocks
22-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the forum! I'm new on here also and have just finished my corse. A little tip for you on what I did but as yet haven't had my portfolio back to say it was wrong so should be ok?

If for example we say Physical abuse I have started with:
what Physical abuse may include such as hitting, burning, shaking etc.
What symptoms may include such as bruising, bites, burns, scolds etc
Change in behaviours such as Wearing clothes that may cover bruises, particularly in hot weather, Fear of undressing etc

I hope this may help you out and good luck with it

Christina :D

Kiddleywinks
23-01-2013, 07:37 AM
They are interlinked, but you need to recognise them individually so you don't jump to conclusions, if that makes sense.
Very good post from indichick :thumbsup:

If a child suddenly changed their behaviour, ie started hitting, getting angry etc, would you immediately panic and claim the child's being abused, or would you maybe initially put it down to them getting frustrated?

Now, if the same child started wearing clothes in hot/warm weather that covered their body where before they would arrive in t-shirts would that in itself raise a concern? Or combined with the change in behaviour would it then raise your concern?

The two are interlinked, but not enough individually - see?

TehTeh
23-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Thank you for your replies. I THINK I have it clear in my head now! I was just finding it difficult trying to decide what headings to put things under.

Well done on finishing the course Christina - when will you find out if you have passed?

Kiddleywinks - thanks for breaking it down.

Hopefully my template won't be empty for much longer! :)

Goldilocks
27-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Hi,

Glad you have an idea now. Thanks. Not sure when I find out if I have passed. Well I don't think you can fail. Our tutor said if they feel you haven't answered a question correctly or enough info they will send it back for you to complete which they did with me on a couple. I got them done all ok and now being sent for marking.

Hope your course goes ok :)