PDA

View Full Version : First day today.........

berkschick
03-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Today is my first day!

I have a 16 month old starting today 8.30am - 6pm but they are running late, thats a good start!

I have a 16 month old of my own so it will be like having twins!

I actually not at all nervous, I thought I would be! Its just all the paperwork but thats another story.

Wish me luck!

Love

Debbie

Trouble
03-01-2008, 08:44 AM
good luck:) :) :)

mrsbumbles
03-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Good luck :)

angeldelight
03-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Sounds like you are going to have a fun day Debbie

Good luck and hope she does turn up

Let us know how it goes

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
03-01-2008, 10:06 AM
good luck with your first day Debbie come and tell us all about it later :)

xxx

Mollymop
03-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Good luck Debbie!!

I hope you have lots of fun today!
Let us know how it went later.

:jump for joy:

Love Sandra XXX

emler
03-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Good luck Debbie - I hope you have a lovely first day

Emler x

bubbly
03-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Best of luck Debbie. Put your feet up tonight and have a long rest lol. If ever you need a chat with a fellow newbie, just give me a PM.

weeteeny
03-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Good luck !!
I bet you guys will have a great day!!
you'll definately have your hands full!!

I'm due to start on Monday 7th so i know exactly how ur feeling....

LET US KNOW HOW UR DAY GOES!!

carolinel
03-01-2008, 12:39 PM
bit late........but good luck!

hope it's going ok.

Lou
03-01-2008, 12:41 PM
hope its all goingwell?

have fun!

sarah707
03-01-2008, 01:39 PM
How r u getting on? Hope all's well!! :D

Spangles
03-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Hope today went well for you - dying to hear all about it!

manjay
03-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Hope all is going well for you! I am sure you will be fine

amanda xx

Cammie Doodle
03-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Well Debbie how was it having " twins" ? :) June

kaz1501
03-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Hi Debbie,
I hope you had a great day!
Can't wait for my 1st day...bit of a way to go yet tho

Karen

berkschick
04-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Hi all

It went really well!

M had the tail end of a really nasty cold so slept for quite a while in the morning. Ella ( my 16 month old) was VERY good with her and had no problem sharing her toys (or Mummy!) Tea time was the hardest time as the parents provided her tea so she had something differant to us. Also I only have one high chair but two babies so I fed Ella while we ate and then M afterwards.

Today I have a 3 year old boy who will be starting next Thursday but he is comeing 10 - 2 today for his settling in period.

Next Thursday could be interesting wih them both at once but at least I have had a day with each on their own first.

Love

Debbie

angeldelight
04-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Glad it all went well for you Debbie

Have fun

Angel xx

Banana
04-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Glad to hear it was a good start Debbie!

Good luck with the settling in session today!!

xxx

LittleMissSparkles
04-01-2008, 09:28 AM
glad you had a good first day and enjoyed it Debbie

Hope today is just as good and the little one settles well

xxx

Lou
04-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Hope today goes well, let us know x

Mollymop
04-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Sounds like you had a good day Debbie:clapping:
Well done. Good luck for today.

bubbly
04-01-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm pleased to hear it went well Debbie

emler
04-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Sounds like a great first day Debbie. Hope the settling in session was ok today?

Emler x

berkschick
04-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Hi,

Settling in session went really well. J is a very happy and content little boy.

One thing I am a bit worried about though is my cats. His Mum HATES cats and said at least 3 times before she left him to watch them with him which I did like a hawk but he loves them! He kept picking them up and being generally quite rough with them. I kept saying no and explaining that it is ok to stroke them ( and showed him how and where to do it) but that they are quite heavy and he shouldnt pick them up. I am paranoid that one will scratch him! We have always had cats and never have any of us been bitten and they have been brought up with kids so are very tolerant. I guess it is just something new which will wear off in time.

But Mum paid me for all of January so I was chuffed about that too.

Love

Debbie

LittleMissSparkles
04-01-2008, 03:13 PM
glad it went well, if mum was aware you had cats to start with then it was her decision to bring him to you, im sorry but the probability of him getting scratched at some point is certain im sure what will she do if he does get scratched ?

good that she has paid you up front too are you doing payments in advance ?

xxx

berkschick
04-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Hi Susan,

Yes, thanks to this website, I have insisted that all payments are either weekly or monthly in advance. Mum did question this on initial visit and I was prepared for a discussion about it today but she just handed over the cheque!

I did watch him like a hawk today but next Thursday when he comes next I will also have other mindee plus my own little one so it wont be so easy. I did try to chat to Mum about it but she just said I will have to keep watching! J was like it while she was here too so she has seen it first hand. Im sure in a couple of weeks the novelty will have worn off.

Love

Debbie

Rubybubbles
04-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Glad you had a great couple of days settling in welcome to the crazy world o childminding

I had a parent that hated cats at one point I have two!! But the child was a baby. Sounds like he's not had contact with them so very curious, just carry on saying how we stroke them gentley ect, and if he did get a scratch you'll find he wont' try and pick them up again!! My dd got a scratch of the kitten (well 18 months now) in the summer trying to shoo him off her bed, she came down mummy Toffee scratch me, so I asked her why and she said I pushed him instead of being gentle:jump for joy::laughing: I found it funny hehe (but she's my own so that allowed hehe)

bubbly
04-01-2008, 11:27 PM
I have a cat and the little girl I'm minding is terrified of it. It's so bad I have to shut the cat in a bedroom all day. Maybe the parents weren't aware of her phobia. I asked about phobias and they said 'none'. The fact that my cat only has one eye isn't helping the issue either! The little girl is only a temporary mindee and it's made me very aware I need to ensure future mindees are happy with cats (especially those with one eye lol).

Sarsar3NCH
05-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Well done on getting thru your first days..

Good luck with next week, but you sound really confident and organised so you'll be great xx

Sar

deeb66
09-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Glad to hear that things went well.

How is everything now?

berkschick
09-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Hi Dee,

I only have M Tuesday and Thursday, she is the baby, well, 16 months. I had her yesterday and everything was fine. She has settled really well. Had her naps when mum said she would and ate everything I gave her.

J ( the boy with the cat obsession!) only comes on a Thursday. So tomorrow I have both mindees and my 16 month old ( as well as my other 3 who are at school!). 2 of my cats have had ops today so they will be shut in DD bedroom tomorrow, I cant risk J hurting them, its not fair on anyone!

I am both nervous and excitied about tomorrow. I think it will be ok! Lol Will let you know, thanks for thinking of me!

Love

Debbie

deeb66
09-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Certainly sounds like you will have your hands full tomorrow.

Hope all goes well....let us know how you get on.