PDA

View Full Version : variations

pinklady756
22-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Just looking for a bit of advice re: variations

I have a variation in place for a family when a sibling joined and change of hours/days, this allows me to have 4 children on a Monday. My question is - what happens if same family needed childcare last minute on a non-contracted day when I already have 2 little one's? It would mean 4 under 5 again. I wouldn't have time to complete another set of variation paperwork at the last minute, family are hectic (regularly changes, late drop off/collection).

Is it possible to have something in place for this, it would be the same range of children and same hours as a Monday, but I don't really want to have a variation in place for every day of the week just in case. Not sure what to do.

Rick
22-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Just looking for a bit of advice re: variations

I have a variation in place for a family when a sibling joined and change of hours/days, this allows me to have 4 children on a Monday. My question is - what happens if same family needed childcare last minute on a non-contracted day when I already have 2 little one's? It would mean 4 under 5 again. I wouldn't have time to complete another set of variation paperwork at the last minute, family are hectic (regularly changes, late drop off/collection).

Is it possible to have something in place for this, it would be the same range of children and same hours as a Monday, but I don't really want to have a variation in place for every day of the week just in case. Not sure what to do.

As you already have a variation in place for one day and, presumably, you are coping well, then you could have the existing child under continuity of care. You would have to do a risk assessment but as you already have 4 of them on another day, this should be straight forward (you may already have a risk assessment in place for Monday so would be the same presumably).

Hope what I've just said is right! :thumbsup:

LauraS
22-01-2013, 01:36 PM
I had similar, a regular variation for Fridays and then one of the same 'set' of children wanted to come on a different day as.a.one.off. So same.children, different day.

Rather than go.through the whole process I made a note on the existing exception paperwork and added a couple of little notes on the r.a. monitoring sheet about things unique.to that day (we were going to a party so slightly different to the usual exception on Fridays). Verbally informed parents and noted.this too (had signatures for original exception). Evaluated afterwards and noted that it may happen again.

Ofsted were happy with that, didn't.even query it.

sarah707
22-01-2013, 06:02 PM
You should read through this document and follow the advice -

Changes to Conditions of Registration (http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/changestoconditionsofregistration.html)

It's fine for continuity of care in exceptional circumstances - just make sure you have everything in place with your paperwork.

Hth :D

pinklady756
22-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Thanks for your replies, I think I might do the same and add notes like LauraS.

This one family can't seem to make up their mind and variations are only required because of them.

I started with 1 of the children 2 days a week (this was my only eyfs mindee for some time) I signed up 2 other children for 3 days a week, but when 1st family wanted baby sibling to start they also want to increase to 4 days, so variation needed for 1 day a week. A couple of months later they want to reduce days to 3 days, so I sign up someone else for the 2 days they don't want.... 2 months later they need more flexibility and another variation needed for 1.5 hours fortnightly.

Feel like I'm going round and round in circles!!