PDA

View Full Version : another rant!

cloud9
25-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Sorry if i go on but i'm in a really fowl mood. I really love childmindding and having the kids but at the mo i'm ****** p***ed off with all the extra work involved with it. I am sick of paperwork and planning and spending my weekends on courses!
i saw a new parent this morning and it went really well she wanted the place but then seem utterly confused over the retainer (the place is available aug, she wants it to start in sept) Tried to explain why it was necessary to charge this retainer fee and why it wasn't counted as part payment and she did understand, but i just don't know why we have to feel bad about it. No-one else would reserve a place for this long for no payment.

A the moment i just feel like jacking it all in because its getting to much. If they wanted to get rid of childminders then i think they had the perfect plan by introducing the EYFS, it has had that desired effect on me and i know some who are giving it up:mad: :mad: :mad:

jaja
25-06-2008, 10:11 AM
hey please dont give in... my advice is first put the kettle on and have a coffee and chill out, leave the paperwork and planning for another week and spend the rest of this week just enjoying the children and your time, try to find the reason why you started minding and i am sure you will feel better tomorrow. All parents seem to act dumb when i talk to them about retainers, its just because they dont want to pay to reserve something but its tuff if they want you then they will pay....

keep your chin up...

tomorrow will be better xxxxxxx

cloud9
25-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Thank you i know u are right i sometimes have these moments!

yummymummy
25-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Unfortunately parents seem to begrudge paying childminders but pay all sorts of registration fees etc and full fees if term time only to retain a place to a nursery. It is all about them saving money and they know that they are more likely to make a childminder feel guilty when the staff in the nursery are just working for a business.
Don't feel guilty, you are entitled to charge this, you are running a small business, you have outgoings and bills to pay. If the parent doesn't like it they will go elsewhere but if this is the way they start off over payment that might be all the best for you!
I'm sure it will all work out for you though!:)

Trouble
25-06-2008, 08:00 PM
dont get me started

lots of childminders up here are jacking it in they say its not worth the hastle

some days i could but ive just done invoices and id never be able to earn the money i do anywhere else with my children growing up

if my children ask for nice things now i can say yes but when hubby was made redundant had to say lots of no's broke my heart to see their faces, now we save and have treats but dont take it for granted.

wendywu
25-06-2008, 08:05 PM
C L Matt have you got a copy the the Learning Journey book that surrey have brought out. I was at a meeting and Diane Henry was saying that if we fill in these that will cover the planning and obs. If you do a daily dairy as well you are quids in.

angeldelight
25-06-2008, 10:16 PM
I hope after a good nights sleep you are feeling a bit better

Hugs to you

Angel xx