PDA

View Full Version : Inspection in Scotland - any recent news?

Karen188
21-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Hi there has anyone had a recent inspection. Just wanted to find out what they are looking for as haven't had an inspection for 2 years. Does anyone know if they still send out questionnaires for parents to fill in 4 weeks before inspections

Thanks

lorimac
09-02-2013, 11:03 AM
Not had one now for nearly 3 years, spose they will have me on their radar though. Think most of the focus this year seems to be parent participation and medication seems to have been checked at everyone's recently!

lynncjt
13-02-2013, 12:23 PM
I've not had an inspection yet but heard at CM group today that 2 childminders had unannounced inspections last week!

bindy
24-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Hi there has anyone had a recent inspection. Just wanted to find out what they are looking for as haven't had an inspection for 2 years. Does anyone know if they still send out questionnaires for parents to fill in 4 weeks before inspections

Thanks

I had one last month after 4 years, which I think is the norm now. Never have Ofsted sent my parents forms to fill in but I made one up my self to show Ofsted. MY inspector was very tough, but I guess they all are. It was all about development, what I knew about each child, where they are at, how am I going to bring them on etc. I had to talk about the activity I was doing with the children, what they were getting out of it . She told me not to even bother giving her loads of paper work, she wanted to know what I knew!! The questions were ongoing for the 2.5 hours she was with me.

dawnn93
05-05-2013, 11:39 PM
i just had an inspection a few weeks ago and i received the white envelope with the questionaires for the parents so yes they still do it good luck ;-)

carolboyd50
09-06-2013, 11:37 AM
i just had an inspection a few weeks ago and i received the white envelope with the questionaires for the parents so yes they still do it good luck ;-)

Hi,
I'm Carol, I haven't participated in a forum before, although I do log in and read messages to see whats going on with other childminders.
I have not had an inspection since the change to Care Inspectorate and I've just received my envelope with parent questionaires. Did you get an inspection within 3 weeks of receiving the questionaires?. Just wondered what to expect :)

sprinkles
21-06-2013, 07:12 PM
I was only registered in April, no kids at the moment although one starting in August, but I received my parent questionnaires on Wednesday. I emailed my inspector, told him I don't have any kids as have only been registered for two months and he replied saying that now, receiving the questionnaires doesn't necessarily mean you will be inspected in this inspection year.