PDA

View Full Version : HappyLand Large Buildings - shall I get rid of them?

SandCastles
21-01-2013, 10:18 AM
I am a big fan ELC Happy Land and have most of the range, the lo play with them loads, especially the track, cars and trains with the people. but I am finding the actual buildings e.g. Farm, Fire Station, House and Fairy Boot are hardly being played with.
I am thinking of putting them away with the intention of throwing/ebay them if they are not asked for after a couple of weeks.
Does anyone else find they are not played with?
Also how do you store these larger items? or are they out all the time?

rickysmiths
21-01-2013, 10:22 AM
I just rotate mine. My buildings are packed away at the moment but I wouldn't get rid of them unless of course you have a storage issue.

silvermist
21-01-2013, 10:38 AM
I love happyland too. All of mine are in clear labelled stackable storage boxes, zoo, train set, farm etc and they are stored in my shed. I have two boxes of various happyland stuff always in but the rest is rotated. I wouldnt get rid of mine but like RS says if storage is a problem for you its a tricky one. xx

kel1983
21-01-2013, 11:30 AM
We have a large toy box full of Happyland. We have road, people and cars and fair ground. We found they didnt play with the shops etc so didnt get any more

Mouse
21-01-2013, 11:35 AM
I got rid of most of my Happyland buildings as they weren't played with. I've kept all the people, vehicles, small accessories etc, but sold the buildings. You should get a good price for them, so definitely sell them rather than throw them away!

RuthJ
21-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Ours love the happyland! I'd regret getting rid of them if I didn't have to.

FussyElmo
21-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Put some of mine in the loft - cant bring myself to get rid of it just yet :thumbsup:

mazza58
21-01-2013, 11:45 AM
We love happyland, not sure I would get rid of them unless like others said it is a storage issue, can you not store them in the loft. I have some vintage fisher price little people and cars that I have had for 20 years and the children still love to play with them, so maybe in a few years you will be glad you have kept the them.

SandCastles
21-01-2013, 02:35 PM
We love happyland, not sure I would get rid of them unless like others said it is a storage issue, can you not store them in the loft. I have some vintage fisher price little people and cars that I have had for 20 years and the children still love to play with them, so maybe in a few years you will be glad you have kept the them.

Yes I can probably find room for them in the loft, rather than throw them as I quite like the idea of bringing them out and saying they are vintage. They still play with Mr Bunn's tea shop and the vets (forgot his name) as these go onto the base plates and the road attaches.

izzy23
21-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Oh I love Happyland and I find that even some of the older children like 7 and up will quite happily sit down and play with it if its out for the younger mindees, especially with the figures etc if combined with other elements like lego etc, I have just kept two large houses as this appropriate for the play space and some fairground stuff, but have lots of people, animals, cars etc. I'd keep if you dont have a storage problem.

jadavi
21-01-2013, 04:44 PM
What are the names of the sets that are played with and are popular?

cathtee
21-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Mine are stored in a cupboard in the lounge, the lo's know where they are and just ask when they want them usualy 2-3 times a week,
we love them:thumbsup:

Maza
21-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Mine don't play with them either. I'm in a clearing out mood at the minute so I would get rid. Each time you get a delivery of something you could use the box as a building - and it could be a different building every time! x

lynncjt
21-01-2013, 08:43 PM
I decided on Saturday that half my Little People stuff was not getting looked at so put it in the cupboard under the stairs... What happens today? Two little boys raid the cupboard and have it all out to play with - after not looking at it for weeks...!

miffy
21-01-2013, 10:31 PM
What are the names of the sets that are played with and are popular?

Popular here are the zoo, pirate ship, trains because they work when the person is put in them so lo's love to send them everywhere, not always on the train track, and play people as they can be used with other things like wooden bricks.

Miffy xx

LauraS
22-01-2013, 12:24 AM
I rotate the buildings. The church is popular (for princess weddings), as is the farm and fairground and space stuff. The amount.of.use they.get seems proportionate to the amount of effort I put in 'setting the scene'

janminder
22-01-2013, 01:31 AM
I find that the buildings are only used occasionally, normally school age children in the holidays ask for them, the littlies get them put out on rotation but only seem to like continually pressing the noise effects. Like Mazza58 I have vintage fisher price hospital and farm which 2 year old loves and plays more imaginatively with.

Daisy De
22-01-2013, 06:16 AM
I love Happyland, I know I buy it for me :blush:

Have to say though it doesn't get played with as much as I thought and hoped it would. In my house it seems to be the 4+ that tend to get it out and play, I love listening to their conversations and the way they speak for the Happyland people.

As for the big builidngs, because its played with by older children they do use the buildings.

Yesterday, I bought in a big plastic box of snow for my 2 2yr olds, all the Happyland people went in it was like a huge hilly village snow scene, although there was a dark side as many 'people' were buried alive and there were lots of avalanches :eek:

SandCastles
22-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Thanks for replies. Yesterday I put the fire station & house & farm & boot away in the loft in black bin bags (will find a box soon) during the day my 26mth played with the pirate ship, big fire engine and space ship with the people and cars. She didn't miss them. Then the 5yr & 6 year after schoolees set up the track and road and played for ages he didn't realise the big stuff was missing, so I think I've done the right thing.
I may rotate them with the rocket, pirate ship and large fire engine which are still out.

MrsP2C
22-01-2013, 02:02 PM
The fold away house and circus are most popular but as others have said it's really the people that most children want to play with. I find if I set everything out it gets played with more than when they're just presented with a box of toys.