PDA

View Full Version : wahooo! just found out my 2 schools are shut tomorrow

cathtee
20-01-2013, 07:01 PM
No battling with the buggy in the snow, work will come to me:clapping: the joys of working from home. Only 4 booked in for the day,
and all girls 1yr, 3 1/2 5 and 7 3/4, think we may do some baking and crafts, :D

FussyElmo
20-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Thats good no doubt we will be open - but no mindees booked in the day just 2 after school :D

cathtee
20-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Thats good no doubt we will be open - but no mindees booked in the day just 2 after school :D

do you not have any snow? we've had another 2 inches today it's been steadily coming down since 9.30 all schools in sandwell have
closed for tomorrow just wish it would go away now had enough of it :(

FussyElmo
20-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Oh we have snow just headteachers who dont like closing.

Our primary school didnt actually close on friday they just said we could collect if we wanted too :(

janminder
20-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Lucky you, just checked and mine is open.

cathtee
20-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Our infants closed at 12.15 but the juniors didn't close, we could collect if we wanted but children had an unautorised abscent mark for
the afternoon:( which i think is unfair, did they expect parents to fetch lo's at lunch time and go back for the older ones 3 hours later,
I collected all the children at the same time with parental consent, the weather got much worse by 3.30 so glad I did, junior head has
given in for tomorrow and closed, probably didn't like the fact that alot of children were collected.

Tazmin68
20-01-2013, 09:28 PM
I have my 3 little ones now not coming due to schools being closed and parents being off. A before and after schoolie coming all day, an after school not coming as schools closed, an older child who attends a different school who I only have teacher training, school holidays and snow days and will hear about another who only comes school holidays tomorrow I suppose I case parent takes day off.
Plus birmingham council websites which lists school closures keeps going down and I ave to look out for 5 different schools.

SYLVIA
20-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Schools closed here tomorrow, so I've got 3 schoolies all day instead of 2 afterschoolies as they live within walking distance and the parents are working from home

samb
20-01-2013, 09:35 PM
I have been digging out a path from my car boot (where I keep my buggy), to my door and up the hill through the alley! Not that the snow is deep here but it is soooo hard to get buggy through it! Our school will decide in the morning but is saying it is most likely to be open.

nikki thomson
20-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Ours are open tomorrow had a text but as we're rural and the roads around the school and the car parks haven't been gritted there unsafe to use so we park on the other side of the village the teachers walk across the fields and pick the children up from us and walk them to school and the same in reverse in the afternoon. Works really well been doing it for a few years after they shut for over a week a few years back as the car park and road upto school was not safe. There was uproar from parents as everywhere else there wasn't even any snow, roads fine etc it was a nightmare this works much better. X

cathtee
20-01-2013, 09:38 PM
I have my 3 little ones now not coming due to schools being closed and parents being off. A before and after schoolie coming all day, an after school not coming as schools closed, an older child who attends a different school who I only have teacher training, school holidays and snow days and will hear about another who only comes school holidays tomorrow I suppose I case parent takes day off.
Plus birmingham council websites which lists school closures keeps going down and I ave to look out for 5 different schools.

Try looking on facebook under Birmingham council, I had the same problem on sandwell council website so looked it up on facebook and
found my school on there, hope this helps:thumbsup:

TAZ
20-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Just found out secondary school opening at 11am tomorrow, don't know about primary (just have to check the website in the morning). Will be fun up & down the hill with the double pushchair (maybe I should just attach the sledge on behind it & have a ride?!?):laughing::laughing:

miffy
20-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Snow only started here a couple of hours ago so suppose we will have to wait until morning to see how much extra has come down - not looking forward to trying to get a double buggy through it!

Miffy xx

LauraS
20-01-2013, 11:22 PM
Me too, so I have six here including my own. Have so many plans for tomorrow that there aren't enough hours in the day, I hope they shut on Tuesday too :laughing::D

Have been planning all evening

Love snow!