PDA

View Full Version : Over 8s and total numbers

samb
19-01-2013, 09:50 PM
I am thinking waaaay in advance here as I am in the lucky situation of being almost full but with parents talking about changing hours and children getting older and new siblings coming in, I am trying to work out what I can offer which families come the new school year!

My dd will turn 8 in September and so will another mindee who currently is not attending as mum is on maternity leave. Mum isn't sure what she will do with regards to work yet but does want to return - probably in time for the new school year - so I am trying to work out what days I can offer her to have baby and the 8 year old. I have another family who I look after 2 siblings and mum originally was going to change her work hours so that I would only have 1 sibling when older sibling went to full time school but is now asking the possibility of me having both but with younger one being picked up from a pre school.

If I take both families out of the equation then by Sept I will have...
Mon - E (19m), ds (5), dd (8)
Tues - A (19m), ds (5), K(6 term time), dd (8)
Wed - E (19m), ds (5), dd(8)
Thurs - E (19m), A (19m), F(3), ds (5), dd(8)
fri - E(19m for ad hoc hours only)

I have never had over 8s before which is why I am getting confused - are they literally not included in your numbers other that insurance? What about the space issue?

I am thinking I can offer the returning from maternity leave siblings a Mon and Wed they would be 10m and 8yrs? Then I could offer the other siblings the preschool pick up mon-wed with school pick up mon-wed too if I am allowed or can I not? I walk school runs and so I don't need to fit them in the car. I have told them all that I will wait until April for the school paces to be allocated but they still want to know if it will be specific days or if they can choose. Head's hurting!

watgem
20-01-2013, 02:36 PM
you need to find out from your local authority about planning permission, in our area if we look after more than 6 children at any one time of any age we have to apply for planning permission-about £300-£400!!!!so I guess some of it depends on where you live as wellxxx

samb
20-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Ooooh I hadn't thought of that side... thank you - I will make enquiries. Really not worth it for the odd hour here or there is it?!