PDA

View Full Version : how long a child has stayed with you?

christine e
25-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Just read Marie's post about a child leaving and wondered how long some of you minded the same child. A girl came to me a two and stayed til she was 16 so mine is 14 and a half years!

Cx

ajs
25-06-2008, 06:47 AM
wow christine that is lovely
i have only been minding for 8 years and have had r since she was 14 weeks 6 and a half years ago.

miffy
25-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Can't quite beat that Christine - the child I registered for came to me at 2 and finished at 14 so around twelve and a half years - although I still see him now as they are family friends.

miffy xx

ruby
25-06-2008, 07:00 AM
one family 3 boys have had them for 11 yrs now and 2 boys are still with me but 1 is going to comp this year so he will finish the other is 7 so will have him for a few more years

cathy

crazybones
25-06-2008, 07:02 AM
I am losing 4 to secondary school that I have had for 7 years:( And my niece I have had for 11 years but she doesnt count because I will still see her all the time. :D

sarah707
25-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Mine seem to leave when they start school - parents send them to the local nursey as it's best for me.

Then they go to other schools nearer them :(

Pauline
25-06-2008, 11:44 AM
I've had two really long term ones.

One came at 6 months and stayed until 15 years. She still comes to see us and is now 23!

Another came from 6 WEEKS!! (absolutely adorable :)) and stayed until 14 years. She is coming tonight to visit after school and emails regularly.

It's lovely to stay in touch.:)

I find the girls are more keen to stay in touch than the boys.

elizabeth
25-06-2008, 12:34 PM
I have had one boy from 4months is now nearly thirteen and still comes in school holidays (his dad died when he was two and looks upon my husband as a bit of a father figure) I also looked after two sisters for twelve years, they still keep in touch and when they see me in the street they shout my name and give me big hugs, all the children I care for are like part of the family and I miss them when they go on holiday and things, I love this job for the pleasure the children bring to my life.

Banana
25-06-2008, 12:45 PM
I've only been minding for 18 months. My first mindee is still with me so thats nice!

Not as long as any of yours obviously but its nice he's been here since the start!

x

susi513
25-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Parents seem to move and change jobs a lot around here. I've looked after 68 mindees in 7 years, several have been short term placements for courses etc.

Some leave when they start primary school, a couple have left before Y6 as parents considered old enough to look after themselves for a short time :( . All have left before secondary school.

Shortest - 1 morning (for another childminder's children when she had an appointment)

Longest- 4 years and expect to be another 5.