PDA

View Full Version : Universe of imagination train set

jadavi
19-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Has anyone got the play table? Got a chance to get one....is it massive? Do you love it?

jadavi
19-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Just read safety aspects on it and it seems there are magnets that can be swallowed
Are these magnets easy to get off?

jadavi
19-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Anyone know this set?

sarah707
20-01-2013, 09:14 AM
We have a combination of ELC and Brio track, tunnels, bridges etc.

I think it's good for them to use their imaginations making tracks rather than going for a pre-determined shape - can you do that with the one you are looking at?

I am always a bit nervy about magnets tbh - I have some Magnetix for the older ones and they play in a different room and count the pieces out and back in the box again.

Hth

RuthJ
20-01-2013, 09:39 AM
We have brio / tesco's wooden train set too and when the children set it up they love to make a very complicated track using all the different/unusual pieces of track. I had thought of getting a table but I know one particular mindee would get very frustrated if he couldn't make the track the way he wanted because of lack of space on the table so we just clear a big space in the living room and they get on with it.

SammyL
20-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Ikea do a great track set for £8 - it let me see for a very low price if the children would use it & how they would treat it :) my little ones love it

jadavi
20-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Thanks I agree! Cheers :)