PDA

View Full Version : bringing own toys letter

It's a small world
19-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Hi

Does anyone have a letter I could look at regarding bringing own toys to your premises ? Thank you x

loocyloo
19-01-2013, 05:30 PM
i don't have a letter.

i say to parents at the start of their time with me, that i do not encourage children to bring their toys to my house ( comforters excepted ;) ) and if they do bring something, it will go on the side, or in their bag as soon as they arrive. a couple of mine do bring an assortment of toys to show me, and as soon as they have shown me, put it in their bags. another LO brings some random object everyday ( i think its a habit/easy way to get LO out of the house! ) and this LO doesn't even show me, just puts it in bag as soon as they walk in the door!

Rick
19-01-2013, 05:41 PM
I don't like my 3 year old mindee bringing toys with her as I am then responsible for them. Once she brought a string puppet type thing which got caught in the wheels of the buggy on the way to play group. I felt bad about it but it's a pretty silly thing to allow the child to bring. Luckily (providing we reach play group without it getting wrecked) she understands that toys go in the bag otherwise other children might get hold of it. Often she then forgets about it!

I have thought about asking mum not to allow mindee to bring toys but can be difficult to get mindee to leave her house without a 'bribe' if you like.

jillplum
19-01-2013, 05:59 PM
I tell all parents that any toys they bring are not my resposibility if they are lost or broken etc. I usually wait till child puts toy down somewhere then spirit it away!

rachelmama
19-01-2013, 07:40 PM
When I worked as a learning support assistant in the school I used to put any toys they would bring in and straighaway put it up on the piano in the class, and I would say he will be safe up their and they can watch you playing :D
save them losing it and getting upset and parents getting cross becauseits lost

mazza58
19-01-2013, 07:48 PM
I have it in one of my contracts that I am not responsible for any toys that a child brings getting lost or broken, and i also say that unless they are willing to share them then they will be taken off them and put into their bag until they go home. Mostly when a child brings a toy they put it down on the floor as soon as they arrive and forget about it so i just put it in their bag until home time anyway.

Rosy Days
19-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Hi, I always put toys from home 'out of sight' as soon as I get the opportunity. Not only for the not wanting to damage them but I always find that the little owners are not too keen on allowing others to play with them and it causes all sorts of tears and tantrums. I now encourage any new parents not to bring toys from home x :)

nikkiv
20-01-2013, 08:47 AM
I also do not encourage toys from home 1) I do not want to be responsible for them and 2) previous experience they don't like to share them! I always say oh wow that's lovely that you've bought ............. To show us shall we out it up here so everyone can see! I then put the toy up so it can't be touched by others or say shall we put that with your bag so we don't forget it later :) if you have a newsletter maybe put a little bit in there or send a letter out to everyone in general!

RuthJ
20-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Interesting, as I have never had a problem with the odd toy being brought. One of my mindees loves to bring his trains once a week and he and my son play with them all morning. It's nice for my son because he shares his toys all week.

18mth mindee usually brings a teddy but she's never interested in it until home time so I tend to put it away during the day. They toys never come out of the house with us as I'd be worried they'd get lost.