PDA

View Full Version : How to fill risk assessment form?

misssunshine
19-01-2013, 05:00 PM
I am a newly registered childminder I am expecting my first ofsted inspection. I can't work put how to fill and review risk assessment forms. I have looked at different risk assessment forms and I used one before getting registered. The one I used has three columns: identify hazard, action taken to remove the hazard and additional action taken following review/incident and I just ticked the boxes. Can someone please advice how to fill risk assessment form and do they use the same form for review. Please help I am really worried.
Many thanks in advance.
misssunshine

sarah707
19-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Your risk assessments need to reflect your house, garden and outings.

You need to consider the hazard - an open drain... the risk - falls down the drain... the control / solution - fit a drain cover.

Hth :D

misssunshine
19-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Thanks very much for the reply but I like to know, when I am going through the form and the things that are safe in my house do I is still need to write risk and control or just tick this is safe and review date or please advice whether I am not doing it properly.
Many thanks in advance.

Rick
19-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Thanks very much for the reply but I like to know, when I am going through the form and the things that are safe in my house do I is still need to write risk and control or just tick this is safe and review date or please advice whether I am not doing it properly.
Many thanks in advance.

You are only required to risk assess a potential hazard in your house/garden etc. If you do a review of previously done risk assessments then you only need to go back and make sure it is all still valid. I would have thought, unless you have altered your home significantly, the risk assessments you already have will still be applicable. I haven't done a review yet as I only did them in September. But I think if anything has changed I will type in BOLD anything that is different and somewhere on the page indicate that the bold text is the amended risk assessment with a revised date.

Hope you can see through the waffle :D

RuthJ
20-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Personally I would go through the house and list all the hazards and the detail the measures you have taken to prevent the risk, rather than just tick. It's easier then for you properly think about the risks, otherwise you might be tempted to just tick everything off, and it helps when you review the risk assessment.

I review mine every 6 months and sign and date the document.

Hope that helps.

misssunshine
20-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Thank you so much .................. I love this forum.