PDA

View Full Version : overnight stays

andrea48
18-01-2013, 09:42 AM
how do i post questions for advice on overnight stays?

Kiddleywinks
18-01-2013, 10:56 AM
What do you want to know?

wendywu
18-01-2013, 11:31 AM
She want to know how to post a question on overnight fees :joker:

Sorry could not resist that one :laughing: Blame being snowed in and no toddlers .:thumbsup:

*daisychain*
18-01-2013, 11:36 AM
She want to know how to post a question on overnight fees :joker:

Sorry could not resist that one :laughing: Blame being snowed in and no toddlers .:thumbsup:

This just made me almost wee with laughter !! I think the snow is sending us all mad!!:laughing::laughing:

sarah707
18-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Oh dear is it silly season?! :laughing:

What do you want to know about overnight care Andrea? :D

JCrakers
18-01-2013, 12:36 PM
My advice about overnight stays.....don't do it...lol

:) ask away, its very helpful on here despite the loonies :p

dette
18-01-2013, 12:40 PM
poor andrea48 will think shes just walked into a mad house bless her...its not usually this bad here ...well to be honest it is ..he he.control yourselves ladies :laughing:

buttonmoon11
18-01-2013, 12:50 PM
My advice about overnight stays.....don't do it...lol

:) ask away, its very helpful on here despite the loonies :p

Yep that's what I'd say :) don't worry Andrea the snow must be sending everyone nuts haha xx

andrea48
18-01-2013, 12:51 PM
i think i must be thick as thick,joined the site today and i am finding it difficult to understand!!! anyway what i wanted to know is how much to charge for overnight stays? i have had an enquiry for two children, picking up from school, give tea etc..... then for them to sleep over and take to school the next day, haven't a clue how to work out the fee.....any help you can give would be appreciated x

wendywu
18-01-2013, 01:45 PM
I charge 30 pounds for the hours that they are asleep then normal rate from the time they are supposed to leave me until they go to bed. Then normal rate from when they wake until their normal arrival time.

I used to do overnight on contract but now only do it for special occasions and only for my own mindees.

But when i started out and my own children were little it was a good way of making extra money :thumbsup:

andrea48
18-01-2013, 02:25 PM
thank you for your advise, this is for two children to be picked up from school at 3.30,come to mine, have tea etc.....then go to bed, then taken to schoo lfor 9 the next day,any more suggestions would be helpful x

chez
18-01-2013, 05:10 PM
We charge £40 for childcare between the hours of 6pm and 8am this does not include an evening meal which is £2 but does cover breakfast. This is for 1 child, I'd probley charge £50 for them both between them hours and normal rate up to the 6pm and after 8pm. So for me

3.30pm - 6pm = £17.50

overnight £50

8am - 9am £7

evening meal each £4

= £78.50

and thats at a discount rate. should be £108.50

Ive done many overnights including for a week solid, its fun and rewarding but Id want to get to know the kids a bit first

wendywu
18-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Yes 50 pounds sounds reasonable for two children to sleep, but i would make that pay for the hours of 8am to 7pm if these are the hours that they will be asleep then charge your normal rate for the rest of the time. :D

andrea48
18-01-2013, 08:21 PM
thank you so much for the advice, i am now thinking normal fee from 3.30 till 8(and hopefully they will be both tucked up asleep) then £25 per child throughout the night, then normal fees again from 7 in the morning......plus meals and breakfast...... first day on this siye and still learning how to use it, but wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone that has helped me xx

rachelmama
18-01-2013, 10:03 PM
hiya and welcome to our lovely forum :D

warning it is addictive on here :D everyone is so helpful and friendly and great giving advice on here.

Good luck with the over night care :thumbsup:

Bennie
18-01-2013, 11:02 PM
how do i post questions for advice on overnight stays?

Check with ofsted that you can have 2 for overnight stays if they are under 8. You also need to tell them you are doing over nights even if its on your original certificate once your new one is issued without conditions you have to let them know, stupid I know...... I charge my standard hourly rate. Look after a baby two days a week. It's good money and much easier than days!

TAZ
18-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Hi
Welcome to the forum:waving:
Good luck with the overnight care.