PDA

View Full Version : Careful of what you say

jackie 7
18-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Last night as l o 23 mts went home his said a funny thing happened at the weekend. When we were in a shop and someone was in front of him he says beep beep! This was to get them out of his way. Lucky parents found it funny. Yes it my fault as I push the car and say beep beep when I want the little ones to move.

sarah707
18-01-2013, 10:38 AM
:laughing: I remember a little girl going home saying plaster with a flat 'a' - her parents were horrified they are southern and wanted their little one to be posher than that!!

She's none the worse for her northern early years experience :D

watgem
18-01-2013, 02:10 PM
I've always said "hiya" to people, my first mindees parents used to correct me, as they didn't want their LO saying it, they must like me otherwise though because I'm still minding for them 9 years on:)

lilac_dragon
18-01-2013, 03:10 PM
I hum and la la la quietly to myself when I'm working - all my mindees do it too, even the teenagers. I never realised until one of our school teachers told me "We know your ones, they all hum to themselves!"

Lilylulu
18-01-2013, 06:56 PM
a stock phrase at our place is 'baaahh gum' - very broad yorkshire. Used regularly as an exclamation for any sort of unacceptable behaviour - the children even use it now to correct and police each other's behaviour :)

WibbleWobble
18-01-2013, 09:26 PM
I say " super duper grandad cooper" as I w always have done... My grandad was called grandad cooper. Mum of G (nearly three) has started saying this when he is excited about something. He also says lots of my other sayings... In a heavy mancunian accent ... He is a southerner...

Wibble xxx